Darren O'Dea - Free Agent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29053600

This article is from a couple of weeks ago, but apparently Darren O'Dea is still without a club after leaving war-torn Ukraine. I always thought he showed a bit of potential and would be comfortable enough at this level. He's had a few chances in England and made fairly little of them - maybe he'll try his luck back up here. Surprised that I haven't heard him linked with anyone, despite the Scottish football media's love affair with former OF also-rans.

Darren O'Dea sign to Kilmarnock deal done? (Sorry Craigie ;))

P.S. I'm not Darren O'Dea by the way.

This article is from a couple of weeks ago, but apparently Darren O'Dea is still without a club after leaving war-torn Ukraine. I always thought he showed a bit of potential and would be comfortable enough at this level. He's had a few chances in England and made fairly little of them - maybe he'll try his luck back up here. Surprised that I haven't heard him linked with anyone, despite the Scottish football media's love affair with former OF also-rans.

I remember when he first burst on the scene at Celtic Park, certainly thought we had a player on our hands, seemed to have loads of potential but then he just seemed to reach a certain level and not move on any further which was disappointing. I believe he was sent out of loan four times, to four different clubs, with none of them wanting to take him full time, in the space of two years, not sure if that was to do with ability or the managers preference. In saying that though, there are certainly worse defenders out there.

Plus his missus is some bit of gear...

Darren-Odeas-Girlfriend-Melissa-Cheung.j

Would take him at Saints, no doubt about it.

Was rotten for Leeds when I seen him play for them but thats a whole different level.

O'Dea and McFadden could save our season.

Edited to add- having looked at his twitter he is doing his rehab at Lennoxtown because he has had an injury. A half fit O'Dea would still be an improvement for us.

f**k, I would. He's shite.

Imagine if Van Djik leaves in January and Celtic end up playing O'Dea and Ambrose as the centre half pairing....

Also Sheridan was a quality striker, when he could be bothered, too often he'd prefer to just float about and hope he got lucky

Just ask for a trial Darren.

Archived