Heart of Midlothian v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowden made it hard for us in the first half, and we were poor in that period, tbh - sloppy defending for Cowden's goal, but they earned it.

Game changed with the half-time whistle - Walker's 'eyebrows' header from Eckersley's cross was a delight.

Delighted for Carrick, who really rose to the challenge, and definitely had his shooting boots on - gutted for him with the shot that came back off the bar.

Still top and unbeaten with room for improvement.

Grim scenes early on when a fan received extensive treatment from medical staff - anyone heard if the guy's ok?

Saw a good few Cowdenbeath fans applaud Gomis off the park......nice touch.

Gomis was well liked by us a great player during his short time at Central Park. I was reading his interview in the excellent Hearts programme and it was good to see him mention about Cowden kick starting his career after he had drifted about in English non league football.

Thought we done ok the first half but losing the early goals in the second just killed us and we just ran out of steam as the game wore on. Hearts are decent side who I think would do well in the Premiership never mind the Championship.

Excellent crowd as well the Hearts fans have really rallied behind their club in their hour of need.

We gave it a game in the first half but got destroyed second. It didn't affect the result but thats never a pen in a million years. Could see from our end he clearly got the ball well before any contact.

Campbell needs to go. Was so far out of his depth today and looked totally uninterested/unfit.

We gave it a game in the first half but got destroyed second. It didn't affect the result but thats never a pen in a million years. Could see from our end he clearly got the ball well before any contact.

Campbell needs to go. Was so far out of his depth today and looked totally uninterested/unfit.

Your joking right you couldnt be any further away was a definite Pen.

Cowdenbeath done well first half, tried to get out more than I expected and were good value for a draw at half time. Hearts were poor and never pressed the ball enough and our passing and movement was poor compared to other games. It was our worst 45 minutes this year imo.

Second half we were a lot better and could've scored a few more. The boy oyenuga looked lively for you guys, not the worst team in this league by any means.

Cowdenbeath done well first half, tried to get out more than I expected and were good value for a draw at half time. Hearts were poor and never pressed the ball enough and our passing and movement was poor compared to other games. It was our worst 45 minutes this year imo.

Second half we were a lot better and could've scored a few more. The boy oyenuga looked lively for you guys, not the worst team in this league by any means.

Can't seem to put two halfs together in one game unfortunately.

Was fairly impressed with Cowdenbeath 1st half. Harried the ball, never let Hearts settle and played some no bad stuff.

2nd half was men v boys and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what caused such a difference.

Certainly not the worst team we've faced this season and I genuinely hope you start getting points on the board soon.

Cowdenbeath fans can take positives out of their last 2 games.

A 5-1 win for us certainly wasn't expected after watching that first half. We were awful, we sat right off them after we took the lead.

Came out all guns blazing in the second half and were very efficient in front of goal.

Could have scored more though. Sow had a couple of good chances, El Hassnaoui looked lively and hungry for a goal and Carrick was very unlucky to hit the cross bar.

First half Cowden did well. Second half we got a ropey penalty, and kicked on.

However, and I hope people don't get upset about this, but I need to know - does that boy Brett have an illness? He looks like what would happen if Ian Rush pumped a Downs Syndrome Concorde.

Agree about Campbell. He was hiding last week too. Two of the subs who came on aren't good enough either.

Archived