Livi v Rovers

Why don't you send Rory back to us where he belongs.

To echo the others, please have him LOL

I was unsure if it was confidence in a new team etc and was willing to let him have time to settle, hes come in and picked up a little, but he still looks a bit meh .... Now if only Hibs would give us Booth back ....

On another note, i noticed above McKay was named in someones team (looks good btw !) I assume hes all ready to go this weekend !? Glad to add some more competition out wide ...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an interesting one but pretty difficult to call. Our defence is the best its been for a long time but with playing so many ex-lions they will all be well up for the game.

Raith supporters are usually a pretty sound group and will get behind their team although I'm not sure how many will make the trip.

Hopefully Jimmy Scott will get a suitable welcome back to the Vale; he was a good performer for us last year and always gave 100%; nice guy as well but hopefully he will have an off day.

Any win would do, really. Not really sure how to judge Raith this season given they've beaten teams they should've and got pumped by teams that they should've been pumped by; although, going by some of their fans' comments on here, Murray's coat is on a shoogly peg?

Would not be surprised to see one of Elliot/Fox/Watson/Scott score.

Have no confidence about this match. I think the win over Cowdenbeath covered up some real major deficiencies in our management team. Yes we won but it was poor stuff and apart from 30 mins against Dumbarton have we actually played well this season in either any league, cup or friendly matches?

I really hope I'm proved wrong and we get a result but I just have no confidence in Murray and Ellis. I actually don't think we have a bad team but their was just zero passion or right from any player on Friday night. That immediately raises question of the manager. Just because a team is better than you doesn't mean a 4-0 loss should be the accepted result.

We should be aiming for 4th or 5th place but if that isn't the board and management team's aim then serious questions should be asked of their ambition.

This. Most recent example being the Dumbarton game.

We're not kidding - at least those of us who have witnessed it for the last 10 months. Dumbarton were the better team for an hour then collapsed when we took the lead against the run of play. Alloa felt hard done by - we scored due to a defensive error in a poor game. Cowdenbeath were a mystery - we beat them easily without being good. Every team we've played with a bit of fitness and sharpness have over run us, including an average Dunfermline.

McGlynn was at Stark's to see us embarassed on national telly, and will have see our pathetic state for himslef. He will have Livi fit and energetic - we are neither.

Very little appetite for this game, eh?

It's a shame, but I won't be making the trip. With costly trips to Ibrox, Tynecastle and Easter Road this season, and I plan on going to each at least once, I'm picking and choosing my other away games carefully. I imagine others will be doing the same, and while I haven't reacted to the Rangers defeat in quite the same manner as others, it hasn't exactly inspired me to get my arse to Almondvale tomorrow.

Very interested to see if Barrie Mackay starts, and if he does, to see what he brings to the side. Our defensive absences are well noted, but hopefully we can get Nade back into the squad. Elliot should be fully fit by now too, all going well.

I fully expect the left hand side of our defence to be targeted by Livingston - Perry and McKeown haven't come anywhere near demonstrating the required level of understanding or technique so far this season. Hopefully if Livi do exploit that weakness, they aren't as ruthless as Rangers were last weekend.

By the looks of it we have Anderson, Stewart & McKay all on the bench who are wingers in favour of playing a CM as a RM in Scott ? We bench Stewart/Vaughen despite a decent couple of weeks for a Nade who had 2 horrible games before his injury with Elliot, who is an identical player ... Then we have Ellis/Watson CB ... I may look like an ass come 5pm but that is 1 absolute mad/questionable team selection ... Not confident at all !

Archived