Falkirk vs Dumbarton

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be another tight game and probably similar to last week. We are going to have to get used to teams sitting in deep against us if we have any ambitions this season. Another weeks training for the new players should help though.

2-0 us

Queen of the South didn't sit in against us.

When they didnt have the ball (which was a lot), they were deep.....but created most and best chances

Dumbarton showed how it is done very well in the same manner, I think a couple of seasons ago now in the same mould as QOS last week....counter attacked in numbers and boy they did it well with serious pace....Im sure Lister got a couple and we never got to grips with him all day.....Whatever happened to him ?

This will be another tight game and probably similar to last week. We are going to have to get used to teams sitting in deep against us if we have any ambitions this season. Another weeks training for the new players should help though.

2-0 us

Dumbarton have hit us on the break a hell of a lot of times if that's the case. Their last four visits have seen us win once, and they have won three times, scoring 9 goals in the process.

Quite simply, we have been crap in every single game. If Housty is to really make a change in how we perform, then this would be a pretty decent game in which to start.

When they didnt have the ball (which was a lot), they were deep.....but created most and best chances

Dumbarton showed how it is done very well in the same manner, I think a couple of seasons ago now in the same mould as QOS last week....counter attacked in numbers and boy they did it well with serious pace....Im sure Lister got a couple and we never got to grips with him all day.....Whatever happened to him ?

After his great year with us he rejected a new deal to sign for Airdrie. More money and he got to play Rangers. We'll still play on the counter attack, Nish and Kane are likely to be the front two and they link up very well. If we can defend like we did against Hearts I think we'll take something here.

Lister left us after one season to sign for Airdrie.

Must have been a different game a was watching then. There's a difference between sitting in with 10/11 men behind the ball and then hitting on the break in numbers. Queens done both but the latter was minimal.

The worry for me in the games I've seen us, Stranraer 2nd half the exception, we aren't creating enough chances in games. Under Pressley and Holt, when things weren't going great we still created openings

Must have been a different game a was watching then. There's a difference between sitting in with 10/11 men behind the ball and then hitting on the break in numbers. Queens done both but the latter was minimal.

The worry for me in the games I've seen us, Stranraer 2nd half the exception, we aren't creating enough chances in games. Under Pressley and Holt, when things weren't going great we still created openings

Or maybe you're just talking rubbish. The possession stats last week were 52/48, hardly indicative of one team "sitting in" and playing for a draw, as you put it on the match thread. Oh, and Queens had more shots on goal.

I think you need to face facts, Falkirk just arent a big enough threat for teams like Queens or Dumbarton to come and sit in hoping for a draw.

Or maybe you're just talking rubbish. The possession stats last week were 52/48, hardly indicative of one team "sitting in" and playing for a draw, as you put it on the match thread. Oh, and Queens had more shots on goal.

I think you need to face facts, Falkirk just arent a big enough threat for teams like Queens or Dumbarton to come and sit in hoping for a draw.

What's possession got to do with it or shots on goal? Considering we hardly had a shot at goal it wouldn't have been hard. Guaranteed every home game, with the exception of the big 3, we will face a team who will sit in against us. They are entitled to do so and it's up to us to break it down

What's possession got to do with it or shots on goal?

:huh: Normally, that would be the end of the discussion for me, but its Friday afternoon, so I'll humour you

In the vast majority of games where one team comes to "sit in" the other side has significantly more possession and shots on goal. Look at Liverpool v Villa, Man Utd v QPR, Leicster v Arsenal or Chelseas games against Leicester and Burnley for some examples from this season (I picked the EPL as the stats are more likely to be accurate)

Neither of these were the case last Saturday. Could just be a statistical anomoly but, given you are the only person who thinks Queens "sat in" its probably not.

Considering we hardly had a shot at goal it wouldn't have been hard. Guaranteed every home game, with the exception of the big 3, we will face a team who will sit in against us. They are entitled to do so and it's up to us to break it down

:lol:

"Guaranteed" - expect its already not happened at least once.

Archived