Partick Thistle vs St Mirren - 19/09/14

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Partick "we win when we want, especially when against teams nobody expects us to beat" Thistle vs St "play shite for a few months and then come good near the end" Mirren.

Last season honours were evenly shared with a win against each other and two draws so f**k knows how this one will pan out. Like I've said in the ICT match thread, knowing us we'll go onto lose this one but I'm feeling a draw is on the cards.

Since we don't have any strikers that can actually score a goal, I'd love to see us play Jim Goodwin up front for this one. Big Isaac can play the holding role while Jim throws his elbows at every nearby defender in a Kevin Kyle-esque manner and spikes the ball into the net like a volleyball for a late winner.

1-0 Saints.

Since we don't have any strikers that can actually score a goal, I'd love to see us play Jim Goodwin up front for this one. Big Isaac can play the holding role while Jim throws his elbows at every nearby defender in a Kevin Kyle-esque manner and spikes the ball into the net like a volleyball for a late winner.

1-0 Saints.

He was an excellent goalie on the first visit at Firhill last season so playing in his last untouched role seems to make sense.

Chances are I'll either be too pissed or too pissed off to bother with this. On the poor logic that St Mirren surely can't keep losing, and that we're not particularly good at seeing out back to back wins, I don't think we'll win. If we can do it though it would be a wonderful start to the season, even accepting the Hamilton game, in that we'd have a decent early cushion from the bottom of the table.

Things that will happen: both teams will score, Jim Goodwin will be booed by the JHS for no reason, and Abdul Osman and Isaac Osbourne will thunder into a dangerous tackle on each other and end one another's respective careers.

Out of interest if offered a choice between winning this or the cup game a few days later what would people prefer?

I think after winning today I'd rather win in the cup

Cliché but I'd take the league win.

Nothing to suggest we can't do both, tbh. The Mirren are at a low ebb.

Out of interest if offered a choice between winning this or the cup game a few days later what would people prefer?

I think after winning today I'd rather win in the cup

It'd be nice to have a cup run but we'll no doubt get pumped in the following cup fixture by a tougher opponent. League win please.

Hopefully were celebrating independance day so who gives a

f**k what the score

Is. Coming up from London for my first game of the season.

I'm just here for the party in George square afterwards tbh

Armand one and emanuel panther to lead the line for thistle

Archived