Scottish Cup Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3 games you referred to had an average attendance of 626.

Which in itself is no disgrace at all... But why is it junior fans consistently overegg the size of their crowds?

As for the draw, looking forward to us getting papped out at Hurlford in the next round. Probably in front of a crowd of about 2,500.

I don't think we do to be honest (although I agree that some do). My prediction for over 1000 at our game was based on Dalbeattie showing a bit more interest than they did and indeed our own fans for that matter. Dalbeattie didn't have enough interest for a dedicated supporters bus. Last season we didn't expect much of a crowd against Nairn or Deveronvale but got 1400 and 1200 for the 2 games at Linlithgow. Whether this is the effect of the glamour of the cup wearing off now that we're in it every year I don't know. It could be though. 645 is still decent at this level and probably about similar to what we got against Fraserburgh.

Not me BtU, I'll step up to the plate and admit my disappointment. I don't know what it is with Scottish football and the Scottish Cup but it is (IMO) a letdown when season-after-season so few non-league clubs manage to turf-out league opposition. We've seen it this weekend where in 8 ties only Forres scraped a replay, for all that Whitehill and Gretna got close. I do think it adds to the romance of the cup.

No .... it adds to the SHITE of the cup ...

Great draw. Should take a big support for the novelty factor.

I'm absolutely chuffed with the draw. We could have drawn a mid table League 1 team away from home and struggled both to beat them and/or make a few quid.

Raith Rovers are relatively local, they should bring a decent support with them for what will be a right good day out in a place where they've never played but which is close enough to not be an inconvenience in terms of travel.

For us, it's a good test against a strong Championship team and I think the town will come out for this one plus I'd say it's the tie of the round for neutrals.

Not sure what the crowd limit will be but I reckon we'll go pretty close to it with this game so if we are likely to go out we'll do so with a few quid from the exercise.

Am I right in saying that 6 from 16 ties are same division?

At t his stage of the competition that's a total shanner.

They shouldn't seed the thing, but I wouldn't mind redrawing the shite ties over, taking out the decent ones when they come up.

I'm always happy with a non League 2 side in cup draws. Shame we're not at home as that would've been a guaranteed bye to the next round but we should still have more than enough to get through.

While it throws up a lot of ties from the same divisions I think it is best unseeded. The league cup is the most tedious competition to play in. As soon as you hit round 2 you're more than likely to face a top tier team, with neither sets of fans interested unless it is a derby. At least this throws up the occasional interesting tie.

I'm absolutely chuffed with the draw. We could have drawn a mid table League 1 team away from home and struggled both to beat them and/or make a few quid.

Raith Rovers are relatively local, they should bring a decent support with them for what will be a right good day out in a place where they've never played but which is close enough to not be an inconvenience in terms of travel.

For us, it's a good test against a strong Championship team and I think the town will come out for this one plus I'd say it's the tie of the round for neutrals.

Not sure what the crowd limit will be but I reckon we'll go pretty close to it with this game so if we are likely to go out we'll do so with a few quid from the exercise.

Depending on the prices and the weather, I'd imagine we'll bring through about 500. There is a bit of a novelty factor as you mention. Plus you should have the people from Linlithgow coming out hoping for an upset.

In terms of the squads, I recognise a few journeymen from the SFL days like Ovenstone and Thom, as well as the MacLennans. As for ourselves, we've got a lot of experience and hopefully fitness will come into play too.

Archived