Turriff v Clyde & Whitehill v East Stirlingshire

Potential shocks?

Inverurie v Hurlford

HL runner-up v Junior Cup holder

Bo'ness v Culter

ER Junior Champ v NR Junior Champ

Gretna v Queen's Park

Seems an appealling match-up.

Great, a trip to the back of beyond where we will probably get papped out.

Anyone else going? :ph34r:

Nairn was fantastic and a great night out couple seasons back. Public transport down on the Sunday with a hangover wasn't - looks like the GB will need to make an appearance.

Nairn was fantastic and a great night out couple seasons back. Public transport down on the Sunday with a hangover wasn't - looks like the GB will need to make an appearance.

Not sure if this will be possible. Just can't see us getting enough numbers sadly.

Albion Rovers at Stirling Uni might not be the Saturday if the Uni plan to use Forthbank as Stirling Albion are at home in the league.

Alternatively, their UNi could actually use the University ground as I assume that the criteria for the lowland league is higher than for the Scottish Cup.

Albion Rovers at Stirling Uni might not be the Saturday if the Uni plan to use Forthbank as Stirling Albion are at home in the league.

Alternatively, their UNi could actually use the University ground as I assume that the criteria for the lowland league is higher than for the Scottish Cup.

They did use Gannochy when they qualified for the cup in 2012.

However, being pre-LL days that was their only venue at that time, and would be their registered EOSL ground.

Gannochy is now only used for their continuing EOSL XI (their "2nds"), BUCS ties, and certain local cup ties for some contrived reason.

So as they normally use Forthbank, which will be their LL registered ground, I suspect it'll be there. Facilities far superior to Gannochy too.

Stirling Uni have lots of good pitches on their own campus, not sure how they'd go about charging admission because IIRC it's all open access. With that in mind, since S. Albion and Stenny are at home on the 4th I can see the date being changed.

In any case, a banana skin for the Rovers: SU's burd manager has them in a worse position than they were in with a man in charge last season; conversely our new boss has us in the ideal position. In-form senior team away to mediocre student outfit- that's the recipe for a cup upset.

Stirling Uni have lots of good pitches on their own campus, not sure how they'd go about charging admission because IIRC it's all open access. With that in mind, since S. Albion and Stenny are at home on the 4th I can see the date being changed.

In any case, a banana skin for the Rovers: SU's burd manager has them in a worse position than they were in with a man in charge last season; conversely our new boss has us in the ideal position. In-form senior team away to mediocre student outfit- that's the recipe for a cup upset.

Tbf, she took-over with them bottom, 0pts from 3 games (+ 1 cup-tie victory tbf).

In her 5 games thusfar 2 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat, upto 11th.

I think the Arbroath v Montrose game will be the only game of the round that has over 1000 fans in support.

If Linlithgow get through I think we'll have over 1000 for the Dalbeattie game. We did the last time we played them and we had well over 1000 for the home games against Nairn and Deveronvale last season plus 1600 against Spartans when we played them at home in 2007. The Scottish Cup definitely brings out some extra interest at our level. Bo'ness will attract close to 1000 from within their own support I'd think and you're overlooking the Talbot massive.

If Linlithgow get through I think we'll have over 1000 for the Dalbeattie game. We did the last time we played them and we had well over 1000 for the home games against Nairn and Deveronvale last season plus 1600 against Spartans when we played them at home in 2007. The Scottish Cup definitely brings out some extra interest at our level. Bo'ness will attract close to 1000 from within their own support I'd think and you're overlooking the Talbot massive.

Correct - seems like someone who has no idea of the fan base of some of the non league teams.

Archived