Gibraltar - Scotland Oct 2015

mick90

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see the game being held in Faro now following that email to be honest, wouldn't mind another jolly in London but hopefully the Gibraltarian FA are looking at something *slightly* more exotic.

With you there, Andyboy. A wee jaunt to Spain would be good, but they won't wear that. London does seem to be their best option; big crowd of Scots and loadsa cash for them. It's a bit of a no-brainer.

Don't book anything until you actually know where the game is going to be played!

I remember Craig Levin telling a bunch of guys in Dunfermline that the Croatia -v- Scotland match would definitely be in Split in June 2013 and even told them what hotel the Scotland team would be staying in.

Based on this I booked a week in Split on a package deal for me and the wife.

When the game was announced, it was to be played in Zagreb.

On the day of the game we got up at 6.00 am, got breakfast and got the bus from Split at 7.00 am which got to Zagreb at about 12 Noon, saw some of the sights, had a bite to eat and a few beers and went to the game. Got the bus from Zagreb at 12 midnight and we were back in the hotel at 6.00 am the following morning for breakfast, 24 hours later.

The wife was not best pleased, as this was all my fault. So, be warned!

Craig Levein..............breaking up marriages as well now!

Can't see the game being held in Faro now following that email to be honest, wouldn't mind another jolly in London but hopefully the Gibraltarian FA are looking at something *slightly* more exotic.

That is disappointing as I had tee'd this up with the girlfriend as a week away in the Algarve.

I hope it is not London and they look at maybe another Portuguese city like Porto or Lisbon. One thing is for sure it will certainly not be Spain.

Press today quoting GFA saying London is alternative for the 2015 games v Eire Scotland + Germany. Decision by Christmas. No doubt they'd get decent crowds given proximity/WC winner. Some pieces suggesting they've also got tax issues with the Portuguese authorities and travel issues with the Spanish.

If it ends up in London, I'm seriously ringing up all the nearby pubs and letting them aware Scottish fans are coming in numbers. The amount of pubs that ran out of beer and had hardly any staff working when we played Nigeria was a joke.

If it ends up in London, I'm seriously ringing up all the nearby pubs and letting them aware Scottish fans are coming in numbers. The amount of pubs that ran out of beer and had hardly any staff working when we played Nigeria was a joke.

I was down for this game and didn't here anything about this, was it near Craven Cottage?

Should've got a cergo and sat in the park, like the thousands of others.

• 1 month later...

Now confirmed as Faro on 11 October 2015 - see Gibraltar FA website.

Ryanair have put all of the prices up on flights from Prestwick to Faro on 9 and 10 October 2015, as these are reasonably the only dates that we can go, as we play Poland at Hampden on 8 October.

B******s

:(

Ryanair have put all of the prices up on flights from Prestwick to Faro on 9 and 10 October 2015, as these are reasonably the only dates that we can go, as we play Poland at Hampden on 8 October.

B******s

excellent - Spain for the school week, and a wee drive over the border.

B******s

What sort of price we talkin?

Archived