Horrific Accents

peasy23

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Australian lad trying to do cockney in Green Street was the icing on the utterly jobby mess that was that film.

"YOU NEVER KICK A MAN ON THE DECK! "

lulz.

Watched that film the other night on tele, after thinking it was amazing as a wee guy I reliased just how much of a shitey cringe filled movie it actually is

The Australian lad trying to do cockney in Green Street was the icing on the utterly jobby mess that was that film.

"YOU NEVER KICK A MAN ON THE DECK! "

lulz.

What Australian guy? I recall one of the main characters, Pete (the leader of the GSE, the same guy who plays Jax in Sons Of Anarchy), saying that to Bovver in the pub when Frodo is down, but the actor is from around Leeds.

Still, your point about his accent remains valid

What Australian guy?

Turns out there is none, opps. Charlie Hunnams accent in it though is utterly bizarre and sounds aussie at points. I haven't watched it in years and only just realised who he is.

Ewan Bremner's accent in 'Welcome To The Jungle'. His character plays bagpipes at one point, and everything i've found says the character is Scottish, yet he plays him with the most over the top Northern Irish accent ive ever heard in my life.

He's a horrible character.

Turns out there is none, opps. Charlie Hunnams accent in it though is utterly bizarre and sounds aussie at points. I haven't watched it in years and only just realised who he is.

To be fair I agree. At times he does come across as a bit Aussie. On the flip side his accent in SOA is good/well played.

Can't believe no one has said Sean Connery's Irish accent in The Untouchables

Ha a good call. It's a weird one because he just sounds like himself most of the time then tries to pronounce certain words only differently. A guy with an accent as strong as his should never be asked to do different ones. His accent in The Hunt For Red October has already been mentioned on this page.

Archived