Annan sign Stuart McColm

Was just having a wee look on the website and noticed this was added today.

Jim Chapman has secured the signing of Stuart McColm.

The 25 year old forward started his career at Stranraer before heading to Clyde in 2012 where he made 58 appearances

The ex Clyde forward has signed a one year deal at Galabank and gets his first appearance for the reserves in tonights fixture against Queens Park FC

More to follow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good player if you play to his strengths; namely get the ball into space for him to run onto and let him deliver crosses. He doesn't have particularly good footwork and isn't good with his back to goal.

Scott Durie won't get near him.

I'm inclined to agree SL. The Sweeney Requiem was fucking mortal, completely ridiculous and disrespectful of the players in the team against Berwick. Oh for a John Potter or Bryn Halliwell to emerge from this lot and tell it how it needs to be told when supporters are c***s.

What is so bad about showing our appreciation to a player who made over 100 appearances for the club and gave 100% every time? You say it is disrespectful to the players on the pitch, I disagree they should see that and realise that if you put the effort in the fans appreciate it. You are as bad as the anti McColm crew when it comes to Sweeney.

Halliwell etc were in the past you need to realise we are where we are and that's it!

What is so bad about showing our appreciation to a player who made over 100 appearances for the club and gave 100% every time? You say it is disrespectful to the players on the pitch, I disagree they should see that and realise that if you put the effort in the fans appreciate it. You are as bad as the anti McColm crew when it comes to Sweeney.

Halliwell etc were in the past you need to realise we are where we are and that's it!

Sweeney was a decent player who gave everything aye, but you'd hardly go as far to say he was a club legend. The banners etc for him were over the top imo.

Mccolm didn't even give half as much as sweeney did, and some people hold him in the same regard. Without doubt does not deserve any sort of welcome back.

I don't care bout McColm really, just think he could do a shift and with him moving to another League 2 team I think it will come back and bite us in the arse. Regarding Sweeney let me ask you a question; in the last 10 years.... Give me someone you would hold in a higher regard taking into account appearances and passion/commitment?

Archived