Watching the Germany game in London?

stgerystroller

I used to go to the Rob Roy by Paddington – not somewhere you would go other than to watch football, but it was always packed and rocking when there was a Scotland game on. Assuming it's still open (perhaps someone else can confirm) it's good for totally biased Scotland crowd, although you used to have to get there over an hour before the game in order to get in and get a drink. I remember when we played Italy there were over a hundred people watching the game through the pub window and buying drinks from the empty (non-football) pub across the road.

A better venue overall is the Famous Three Kings right beside West Kensington Tube. They have dozens of screens big and small all around the bar and they show 10+ games on big footy nights. They will definitely have the Germany game on, and there's a fair chance there will be a mix of both Scots and Germans watching.

Three Kings

Rob Roy is shut now. Last time I went there was for the Croatia away game. One 22" telly showing the game. Two other portables straight from the 80s showing the Ireland and the England games. Shambles by the end.

3 kings is decent. I'll be heading there for the match anyway.

Archived