Lowland League Cup

HibeeJibee

Don't forget the fact that it's done geographically so if I'm glasgow BSC, I'd be right pissed of at being drawn in a group with spartans, city and welfare- IMO the leagues three best teams although Gretna are pushing that assumption. Glasgow must be thinking 'hang on, surely it's all geographical or not at all- can't be just two groups done that way?'

Do you mean a geographical central group of EK,BSC and Uni o Stirling ;)

canny be right surely not :D ????

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the clubs should go back to the organisers of the competition and demand that something is done about it. Oh wait, it was the clubs themselves that organised the competition and set all the rules. The perceived "hard done by" clubs were present when the rules were drawn up. If some are now unhappy about it, they can propose a change at the next meeting.

Perhaps the clubs should go back to the organisers of the competition and demand that something is done about it. Oh wait, it was the clubs themselves that organised the competition and set all the rules. The perceived "hard done by" clubs were present when the rules were drawn up. If some are now unhappy about it, they can propose a change at the next meeting.

Its a funny set of rules then,I said before nothing to stop it being played throughout the season all in or even the groundhog weekend since everything seems regionalized under the current format.

Or perhaps ww should just go junior and have local derbies and keep our license for the big Scottish :P

Yeah, what happens at league committee meetings is that something gets suggested and everyone agrees to it. They don't have a vote that then gets carried if it gets a majority, every single thing that happens has to be 100% agreed by every club......

Seven subs anyone? Some teams apparently disagreed with this but then they couldn't have as it passed at a meeting so every team must have agreed to it.

Yeah, what happens at league committee meetings is that something gets suggested and everyone agrees to it. They don't have a vote that then gets carried if it gets a majority, every single thing that happens has to be 100% agreed by every club......

Seven subs anyone? Some teams apparently disagreed with this but then they couldn't have as it passed at a meeting so every team must have agreed to it.

I am led to believe that it was passed on a majority.

Who cares anyway....it's a cup competition and we at BSC have landed a tough section.....it is what it is....No moaning from us, just need to get on with it. From my point of view it gives us real quality games over the festive period....bring it on I say!!

Also, a group with gala, selkirk and vale and one of them guaranteed to progress? Cannae agree with that- they're all bottom half and would have been predicted to be there by most at this stage.

Selkirk have games in hand and if they win them this takes them well into the top half. Look at the bigger picture surely not.

Selkirk have games in hand and if they win them this takes them well into the top half. Look at the bigger picture surely not.

There's no bigger picture- they will finish bottom half. And if they win their ONE game in hand on Stirling in 7th (last team in top half) they will still be behind them by a point. They've picked up about six points since August- what makes you think they'll win those games in hand?

The turn over of players there seems to suggest that all isn't well.

What Selkirk have achieved off the pitch is immense. Now they are working at getting it sorted on the pitch too, every credit to them, it's a smashing club in the deepest darkest egg-chasers territory.

They've got a good history & I for one would like to see them do themselves & their town proud. Smashing away day down there.

Grimbo

What Selkirk have achieved off the pitch is immense. Now they are working at getting it sorted on the pitch too, every credit to them, it's a smashing club in the deepest darkest egg-chasers territory.

They've got a good history & I for one would like to see them do themselves & their town proud. Smashing away day down there.

Grimbo

Agree with all of the above grim. Just stating the facts in relation to their league position as well as wondering what's up that the player turnover had happened on such a large scale. Could understand if there was a change of gaffer as new guy brings in own players but seems strange to have so many comings and goings.

I'll also add that I'm on record on this forum saying how great it is to have a selkirk team that ( at that time ) challenged the top of the table- unfortunately they haven't won many since I did that! Maybe I've jinxed them.....

Only the one game played today - all others falling foul of water, ice and snow. That solitary match finished Spartans 2-1 Edinburgh City so the Ainslie Park men make a good start.

Central Section B

Spartans..... P1.. 3pts, +1

BSC Glasgow.. P0.. 0pts

===========================

Whitehill W.. P0.. 0pts

Edinburgh C.. P1.. 0pts, -1

Three on and three off today with another waterlogged pitch at BSC Glasgow and the same at Prestonpans and Innerleithen... Spartans now looking good in Central B.

Dumfries & Galloway Section

Dalbeattie... P1.. 3pts, +3

Gretna 2008.. P0.. 0pts

Threave Rov.. P1.. 0pts, -3

Central Section A

Edinburgh U.. P1.. 1pt, 0

Stirling Un.. P1.. 1pt, 0

E Kilbride... P0.. 0pts

Preston Ath.. P0.. 0pts

Central Section B

Spartans..... P2.. 6pts, +2

BSC Glasgow.. P0.. 0pts

Edinburgh C.. P1.. 0pts, -1

Whitehill W.. P1.. 0pts, -1

Things began to be decided today... Spartans have won Central B, qualifying in the process, while Dalbeattie and Gretna have both taken the qualifying slots in the south-west. Threave have sadly been eliminated. No ball has yet been kicked in the Borders group.

Dumfries & Galloway Section

Dalbeattie... P1.. 3pts, +3

Gretna 2008.. P1.. 3pts, +1

Threave Rov.. P2.. 0pts, -4

Central Section A

E Kilbride... P1.. 3pts, +2

Edinburgh U.. P1.. 1pt, 0

Stirling Un.. P2.. 1pt, -2

Preston Ath.. P0.. 0pts

Central Section B

Spartans..... P3.. 9pts, +3

Edinburgh C.. P2.. 1pt, -1, 2F

Whitehill W.. P2.. 1pt, -1, 1F

BSC Glasgow.. P1.. 0pts, -1

Is there any advantage to winning the group rather than just qualifying? I am thinking of our postponed match against Dalbeattie. Is the replay a meaningless match or will the group winners get a home draw in the all in round?

Archived