SBA vs AUCHINLECK TALBOT

Sandgrownun

Just starting to work on this week's programme and I am stealing an idea from the Peasy ed who stole it in turn from the Cumnock guy (or so he told me). Is there a Talbot fan out there who feels up to writing a page or so on his/her club for the prog?

It's so much better coming from folk who really know the team and the players than me just rehashing opinions about them from the papers etc. I've pm'd the Talbot ed but there's been no response so far.

Anybody interested? If you're not a 'writer', don't worry - I'll tidy it up, if required.

Just starting to work on this week's programme and I am stealing an idea from the Peasy ed who stole it in turn from the Cumnock guy (or so he told me). Is there a Talbot fan out there who feels up to writing a page or so on his/her club for the prog?

It's so much better coming from folk who really know the team and the players than me just rehashing opinions about them from the papers etc. I've pm'd the Talbot ed but there's been no response so far.

Anybody interested? If you're not a 'writer', don't worry - I'll tidy it up, if required.

No copyright in good ideas. Happy to share

I don't think its the squad list he wants.

What I did with Nock programme was get someone from the opposition to write a few hundred words about their club as they will know more about club than whoever writes the programme.

You're right, Nocko. A little bit of bite behind the scenes knowledge is really my goal. What do the new men brought in this season bring to the team and who is the least dispensable member of the squad? Things like that.

There's still time to submit your paean of pleasure, your folio of fervour, your effusion of effort, your threnody of thrills, your estimation of exuberance, your advocacy of achievement or indeed your weport of wonderment, felt every time you watch Talbot!

Not too bad a display today and if wee McKenna was there to finish the chances we had 1at half it could have bee different story ,but Talbot are the measure in my mind of junior footie and the bonny lads done well .We might not be the whipping boys that everyone was expecting ,myself included .Good stuff guys keep it going

Maybe even McKenna Stevie? Too many shanties in the club lol. The boys played well today but 2 great strikes killed us and that's the quality the talbot have. We'll dust ourselves down and carry the hard work into next week. If the bonny had went in up. 2-0 I don't think many including tucker would've complained but that football. Great away support from the talbot guys and good luck in the big scottish.

I was starting to believe we could get a point the longer the game went on, then the ginger haired lad hit a sweet goal followed a bit later by another fine goal by Gormley.

Overall I'm happy, we competed today and had a few half chances, although I felt Talbot were not at their best......but still won! The mark of champs.

Archived