Sportsnight with Steve Rider

tamthebam

It's a midweek match so can't really call it "Match of the Day" so it'll have to be Sportsnight with Steve Rider. Remember staying up late watching shite like tennis and cricket before the highlights of some European match eventually came on the telly?

Whitehill are unbeaten, they're starting to come into their game and they've got a good record against us. We stuttered a bit on Saturday but are still unbeaten and have been playing well. It all adds up to a cracker at Meadowbank (or a dull 0-0 draw..)

Some bunch of also rans are playing in North Edinburgh on Wednesday too but for the neutral fan there's only one place to be: The Concrete Lavvypan, London Road, Edinburgh

It was Harry Carpenter was it no ??

Wikipedia says Sportnight was presented by both Harry Carpenter and David Coleman but as I'm younger than you auld gits I can only remember it being presented by Steve Ryder (1986-1997)! :P

Wikipedia says Sportnight was presented by both Harry Carpenter and David Coleman but as I'm younger than you auld gits I can only remember it being presented by Steve Ryder (1986-1997)! :P

Worrying for me is I can mind "arry" from sportsnight but no Steve Ryder :o

Back on topic should be a good game.

Mon the welfarrrre !!!

Showed my age on this, but Wikipedia confirmed my recollection that the program was first named 'Sportsnight with Coleman' , albeit that was 1968, so perhaps too long ago for you younglings!

Showed my age on this, but Wikipedia confirmed my recollection that the program was first named 'Sportsnight with Coleman' , albeit that was 1968, so perhaps too long ago for you younglings!

Wasn't that when England on the World Cup?

Grimbo

Hard week for the Welfare, could quite possibly get two right royal pumpings like

Have yee no fecked off on holiday yet !!!! :P

Passed your way the other day and popped in to see yer impressive improvements.

nice touch to call yer new enclosure after morain Scott.

A true gentleman of the game ;)

Archived