Stranraer v Falkirk

Disco Duck

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was woeful. For around 65-70 mins the game was a non event, seen better down the park! Stranraer got there goal and sat further back but we never had anything to break them down.

In saying that, we missed a ridiculous amount of chances in the 2nd half. Although we were poor, we didn't deserve to lose it

Great result for Stranraer.

This is shaping up interestingly now. Hibs lost to Rangers with a ref's help, while Hearts sacrificed any prospect of progress wilfully against Livingston. Meanwhile, we went out tamely and Falkirk have now comically crumpled.

It looks like a clear run for Rangers to now break their duck in this competition. But the final doesn't happen until April, so Christ knows what, if anything they'll look like by then.

Well done today though Stranraer. A terrific win.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.

300 miles, 7 hours in the car - for that horseshit?

I hope the players get an absolute pasting for that, because they deserve it. For 70 minutes we were dull, lacking in imagination and physical presence, and completely toothless. We were crowded out by a very well-drilled side. Sibbald was again the only player on show (although the defence were largely blameless).

Alston, Cooper, Taiwo, and especially Rory Loy should be handing back their wages. It was only when the part time legs started to tire and we introduced some pace and directness through Shepherd that we looked dangerous. Why were we not playing the first 70 at the same pace as the last 20? Are we that scared? Tactics were lump it forward to a lone front man who never challenges for headers. Game was crying out for two proper strikers. Loy cannot play that role, and seemed to know that and just give up.

We were so close on a few occasions in the last 20 - the woodwork being the margin twice, and Sibbald blazing wide and missing from A FUCKING YARD OUT, but we didn't deserve anything.

Didn't know many of the Stranraer players so can't really comment, but their defence was rock solid with a good buzzing midfield performance. Willie Gibson, much as I think he's a dick of a man, was the best player on the park and - no offence intended - should be playing at a higher level, but I guess that's what a poor attitude brings. His loss is Stranraer's gain.

Well done Stranraer. Nice wee ground, nice day, great curry pie and only two grounds left to visit. FFC can f**k right off.

Hellish drive down due to prestwick air show. 2.5hrs far kirky. Would have been nearer 3 hrs if I didn't know the road so well and know a few back roads. Anyway arrive at 3.07pm with some falkirk fans arriving late also. First half was slow with us not really creating much until Stirling played a good ball up the wing for malcoln. He cut the ball back for marenghi who scored a fine goal with aid of a deflection. Stranraer played better for the first part of the 2nd half and could have made it 2. Falkirks pacy subs started to cause havoc. Mitchell made some great saves. One in particular was top drawer fingertip onto post. Great win well done blues. Enjoyed my bag o chips in girvan proudly wearing my blues top.

300 miles? Where were you traveling from, presumably not Linlithgow?

Linlithgow to Larbert to Glasgow back to Larbert (due to all trains to Glasgow being cancelled and having to fetch someone I was supposed to get at QS) to Stranraer to Larbert to Linlithgow.

Arrived late due to the fucking air show too

Linlithgow to Larbert to Glasgow back to Larbert (due to all trains to Glasgow being cancelled and having to fetch someone I was supposed to get at QS) to Stranraer to Larbert to Linlithgow.

Arrived late due to the fucking air show too

You've really not had a great day, have you?

Archived