Dunfermline v Stenhousemuir

Yes, the game is a while away but Kingdom FM are running a promotion in which you can buy a ticket for half the normal price and at the time of writing there are only 25 left so if ye're no fast ye're last and all that

http://www.kingdomfm.co.uk/club/vouchers/voucher/dunfermline-v-stenhhousemuir-half-price-adult-tickets-234/

Might be handy if you're a bit skint.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you say, a wee while yet until this game comes around, but in a weird way the break has came at a good time for us - it'll give us time to get injuries back is probably the main thing that we'll get out of no competitive game this weekend. With 2 U20's games and a Fife Cup tie away to East Fife this Saturday, I'd like to think we'd have a fully fit squad, possibly barring Ryan Wallace, which are also all match fit. Stirling is one who'll definitely get game time in these matches imo, while Faissal, Whittle and / or Drummond may also participate after injuries to regain sharpness.

It'll be another tough match, but we'll be coming in to this game with confidence after back-to-back wins. Stenny haven't started brilliantly, but aren't doing too badly and I'm sure they'll know what to expect after playing us last year. They've got a lot of good players - Martin Grehan and Sean Dickson to name two. If guys like Ugwu and Moffat continue to keep hitting the back of the net; if we have that creative spark back in our team with Stirling, Faissal, Whittle etc all fit and firing on all cylinders, then Stenny will need to play extremely well to take anything out of the match, but, for me, we still look slightly vulnerable defensively and we saw last season, and at the beginning of this one to a degree, how quickly and easily it is for a game to swing in the opposite direction after being punished by a mistake.

Gonna be positive and say 2-0 Pars, but I'll maybe change my prediction nearer the time depending on team news etc.

COYP!

Going to keep the wins rolling with this one I think. Stenny will probably be much like Brechin in the first game and, of course, Grehan caused us problems with Stranraer last season so I'm expecting the same from him up top. However, with Gozie and Moff scoring on the bounce in the league will give us more confidence up front and I can see us burying our chances this time around.

Stenny, like Stranraer last weekend, have also started poorly so we'll have to take advantage of that but it'll not be easy; they'll be stuffy and hard to break down but can see us taking our chances, unlike against Brechin. Hopefully Stirling plays along the side with Williamson, can see that being our main supply to Ugwu and Moffat.

4-1 to The Pars.

I found that first game against Brechin so frustrating as there were such glaringly simple things the players could have been doing. Moff kept finding space in the box but instead of a simple cutback crosses were firing all over the place.

The players seem to be understanding better how to feed the Moff and Ugwu. Finding them in the box or having either of them catch a defence too high up the pitch means we'll cause big problems for any team.

From the little I've seen of Stirling he seems happy anywhere on the left/right/middle.

JJ on Thursday;

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Jim_Jefferies_on_Thursday&ID=7951

With that piece of news, I'd change my team I mentioned above as follows:

Scully

Williamson
Buchanan
Martin
Drummond

Falkingham
Spence
Geggan

Moffat
Ugwu
Stirling

Subs:
Goodfellow
Urquhart
Thomson
Forbes
Byrne
Faissal
Smith

Going to stick with my .net prediction league score of 3-1 Pars. I think Stenny will cause us problems, there is no doubt about that, but I think with Ugwu and Moffat starting to find their form and creating a good partnership up front, along with Faissal and Stirling returning from injury, we've got players available to cause problems. Buchanan and Martin overall have been solid but will need to continue that on Saturday with Grehan and possibly new loan signing from Hearts Gary Oliver up front for the visitors. Josh Watt and Sean Dickson are probably the most creative players in the Stenhousemuir team - from what I remember of last season anyways - and Bryan Hodge always seems to impress me when I see him vs us too. I believe Chris Smith has retired now to join the police (?) but another ex Pars goalie, Greg Fleming, will be guarding the net I believe.

COYP!! :):D

Greg Fleming? Jeezo! I hope he has a better career at Stenny than he did at the Pars! The epitome of a confidence player. Am I correct in saying he is a Pars fan? The poor guy was a broken mess after his Pars time. Too many mistakes and severe personal abuse was the end of that chapter.

I hope he plays as well as he did for us on saturday :)

Greg Fleming? Jeezo! I hope he has a better career at Stenny than he did at the Pars! The epitome of a confidence player. Am I correct in saying he is a Pars fan? The poor guy was a broken mess after his Pars time. Too many mistakes and severe personal abuse was the end of that chapter.

I hope he plays as well as he did for us on saturday :)

I've seen far worse keepers than Fleming play for the Pars.

Since it worked vs Stranraer .

f**k team selections, f**k tactics , f**k score predictions , f**k ref performances and f**k how we perform

WIN, thats all.

And again it works.

Caught the second half and it was easy for us really. The defending for our first was can only be described as pars-esc, horrific set piece defending. Mcmenamin must have wanted to get sent off, madness, his first booking was stupid and his second even worse. Then it became the Ryan Williamson show which got us the penalty to settle the game.

Archived