PLAYERS BEWARE: The 'Paul Currie Rule'

Just spotted this post. It seems that, rather than demote Nick Walsh for his atrocities to mankind during last season's game with Stirling Albion, in which he sent Paul Currie off for doing his regular celebration to his own fans, the SPFL have incredibly changed their rules to accommodate his shiteness. See below

A was at refs meeting last Sunday were they went over new rules all refs will be asked to enforce and 1 rule was if any 1 says get it up yee or does the get it up yee fist pump is a straight red!! Even to there own fans ???? if u do it to ur own fans a said it's more of a get in there gesture but not aloud at all this season a so on... Berwick had player sent off for same thing last year and am sure griffiths something similar for hibs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a bunch of fucking turnips

Do you honestly still go on about that definite red card?

They've changed the rules to make it a red card. Therefore, shockingly I know, good old Nick got it wrong.

To be honest, it's a bit cute that you're still obsessed with us. Do keep popping along to the League 2 forum, although I'd suggest you get to know your Lowland League friends too. We've all heard the rumours about Stirling's impending financial troubles. Again.

They've changed the rules to make it a red card. Therefore, shockingly I know, good old Nick got it wrong.

To be honest, it's a bit cute that you're still obsessed with us. Do keep popping along to the League 2 forum, although I'd suggest you get to know your Lowland League friends too. We've all heard the rumours about Stirling's impending financial troubles. Again.

Can't hide my obsession with the Berwick massive, the jealousy is unreal. I mean I wish to god we could be playing League 2 football

Guest honestrae95

As a fully qualified category 4D referee, I'll clear this up for everyone.

As the Law 12 of the Laws of the game clearly highlights,

"A player, substitutute, substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

7. using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures."

This rule has been in force for long, long before the start of this season. It has been enforced by referee's for long, long before the start of this season. I have seen the clip and Lee Currie quite clearly makes an insulting gesture towards the crowd after scoring, so therefore he must be sent off under Law 12.

The reason this has been brought up in most referee meetings across the country is due to the misconception that many players have- that a referee can only sanction a player under this rule if he commits the offence towards a player/official. Many players did not realise that making a gesture/using grossly offensive language towards spectators was against the Laws of the Game and now that the likes of Lee Currie and Rowan Vine have been sent off for making gestures, the players have asked for the rules to be explained.

So there we go, yet again Berwick Rangers fans tripping over themselves to make a complete c**t of it.

"A player, substitutute, substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

This rule has been in force for long, long before the start of this season. It has been enforced by referee's for long, long before the start of this season. I have seen the clip and Lee Currie quite clearly makes an insulting gesture towards the crowd after scoring, so therefore he must be sent off under Law 12.

The reason this has been brought up in most referee meetings across the country is due to the misconception that many players have- that a referee can only sanction a player under this rule if he commits the offence towards a player/official. Many players did not realise that making a gesture/using grossly offensive language towards spectators was against the Laws of the Game and now that the likes of Lee Currie and Rowan Vine have been sent off for making gestures, the players have asked for the rules to be explained.

So there we go, yet again Berwick Rangers fans tripping over themselves to make a complete c**t of it.

Thanks for clearing all that up eh. I wonder why the Berwick fans he was making the insulting gesture to after a Berwick goal weren't offended at the time. Any idea liarrae95?

Brilliant analysis.

Apart from the fact that he didn't make an offensive gesture..

I have seen the clip and Lee Currie quite clearly makes an insulting gesture towards the crowd after scoring, so therefore he must be sent off under Law 12.

Standard Scottish referee here making yet another blindingly obvious mistake.

Incase the title of this thread wasn't enough for you to realise, it was in fact PAUL Currie who was involved in the incident.

Archived