Down at Beechwood something's strirring.

TFW

That's handy considering how many (often inexplicable) decisions are awarded in Talbot's favour.

the jobs yours! at least you will be able to see one of the top junior teams in action every week. :)

p.s. who is your team?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on the game, first half hour saw Talbot control the game and looked well worthy of their two goal lead and had missed two more clear chances. Beith got a life line due to a defensive error and slammed in a spectacular goal with around ten to go till half time, got the equaliser due to a penalty just before HT, great comeback but IMO thought Talbot should have been out of sight, game on. Second half saw Talbot score in the first minute to regain the initiative. A good twenty minutes with both teams playing well ensued, Beith playing some nice stuff on the counter, next goal obviously crucial. However, Beith's discipline started to go with a number of rash challenges and the ref lost his patience when two challenges within seconds resulted in a straight red. Talbot nipped the fourth , then proceeded to produce a route.

Hard on Beith, perhaps, but midway through the first half I said to my mate at two nil, one more goal and we will see a big score for Talbot here, however at HT I would have settled for 3-2. Thought Talbot played well today and were well worthy of a good win. Beith have potential to build on and had some delightful quick attacking play in periods, but indiscipline looks the main problem. As for the inevitable moans about the ref every time Beith visit us, Beith's second goal was never a corner and how Gormley for the penalty was supposed to get out of the way and had fair grounds for claiming ball to hand, so two breaks in the space of a few seconds. Sending off, at the time it looked a very rash challenge and coming straight after another rash one from a different player no doubt influenced the ref. The player who definitely should have walked was the one who made a late high studs up challenge on Hyslop. There were decisions for and against both sides. Think perhaps a look inwards at lack of discipline rather than blame the ref is in order.

Good luck to Beith as they definitely have some very good players.

Talbot were excellent & will win the league. I felt a lot of positives for us yesterday as 11 v 11 we matched Talbot.

Silliness cost us our penalty against us & naivety the first two against us from good talbot play.

The high studs up challenge was the player having his foot off the ground but studs facing down, still dangerous play I agree but not as dramatic as some made out!

The red card was a joke and a yellow as talbot fans behind me agreed out with the heat of the moment, but on the crescendo of a couple of bad challenges, yes wowee Talbot were guilty of a few as well shock and horror. Tucker's replay of a stamping motion was so far from the truth it was unbelievable, a clumsy challenge but nothing more.

After all that one way traffic, Beith guilty of still trying to attack rather than accept the defeat, naive or the way you should play?

Best of luck to Talbot, no mercy shown & none expected. Good welcome back to the Premier, once we are tighter at the back I'll be quite confident.

Talbot were excellent & will win the league. I felt a lot of positives for us yesterday as 11 v 11 we matched Talbot.

Silliness cost us our penalty against us & naivety the first two against us from good talbot play.

The high studs up challenge was the player having his foot off the ground but studs facing down, still dangerous play I agree but not as dramatic as some made out!

The red card was a joke and a yellow as talbot fans behind me agreed out with the heat of the moment, but on the crescendo of a couple of bad challenges, yes wowee Talbot were guilty of a few as well shock and horror. Tucker's replay of a stamping motion was so far from the truth it was unbelievable, a clumsy challenge but nothing more.

After all that one way traffic, Beith guilty of still trying to attack rather than accept the defeat, naive or the way you should play?

Best of luck to Talbot, no mercy shown & none expected. Good welcome back to the Premier, once we are tighter at the back I'll be quite confident.

In flashes some of Beith's lead up play was a joy to watch, quick and incisive. Big Leishman had a couple of good saves. It was actually a very good game for the neutral and nothing like the what the scoreline looks. Defence and discipline sorted and Beith will, I feel, hold their own. As for Talbot, tremendous start and I think if they get the bit between the teeth could give anyone a real doing. Think we look strong all over the pitch, much has been said about Beith's front pairing over the last few seasons, but on that form Gormley and Wilson will take some beating!

Wasn't at yesterdays game so can't comment on the sending off.

Intimidation has always been used at Beechwood and can't see why the Talbot fans can't admit it.

Nobody is using it to detract from the quality of the teams but even back in the 80s as soon as any decision was taken by a ref he would find himself surrounded by Findlay et al screaming in their faces.

You always knew that it was only a matter of time before one of your players was red carded.

Refs were intimidated at Beechwood, only ones who can't seem to see it are Talbot fans.

Wasn't at yesterdays game so can't comment on the sending off.

Intimidation has always been used at Beechwood and can't see why the Talbot fans can't admit it.

Nobody is using it to detract from the quality of the teams but even back in the 80s as soon as any decision was taken by a ref he would find himself surrounded by Findlay et al screaming in their faces.

You always knew that it was only a matter of time before one of your players was red carded.

Refs were intimidated at Beechwood, only ones who can't seem to see it are Talbot fans.

i will admit it.and if you dont want it away back to the league you have come from!

yous are playing in the big league noo. :)

Enjoyed filming at beechwood last season, was obviously in the talbot stand surrounded but it was some good banter. Also one guy decided after quizzing me where exactly I lived I was going to buy him a pint, next thing word spread had about 10 of them expecting me to buy them a pint because 'hurlford are loaded' They were sadly disappointed lol.

Nice big ground with a passionate support but wouldn't describe it as intimidating on any level IMO

Talbot can only play the opposition in front of them. It takes a great team to keep winning week in week out. Thats called consistency and confidence instilled by the management and support. Teams like Talbot are nurtured to become what they are and that's why we win most games. Beith might be a good team but they don't have the history, passion and confidence like the Talbot. Money can't buy a team like that.

Talbot can only play the opposition in front of them. It takes a great team to keep winning week in week out. Thats called consistency and confidence instilled by the management and support. Teams like Talbot are nurtured to become what they are and that's why we win most games. Beith might be a good team but they don't have the history, passion and confidence like the Talbot. Money can't buy a team like that.

Do you not mean money did buy a team like that? Or do they all come along for free and play for free? Take the money away and you would not be long sliding to obscurity, same as every other team, you are no different.

Do you not mean money did buy a team like that? Or do they all come along for free and play for free? Take the money away and you would not be long sliding to obscurity, same as every other team, you are no different.

Have to disagree with this. Our success is built on dedication and hard work from various areas of our club. From committee to fans, and some. We reap the benefits of this, & consistantly demonstrate that hard work does indeed pay off. There is a reason we are continuely looked upon as the benchmark, and its not through 'money'

Your players play for money same as every other teams players in the top leagues, nobody is denying you are well organised and hard working, most other junior club committees are as well,the main difference being other clubs have less resources, you are fortunate in that you have a decent support that you can all on from not just Auchinleck but Catrine and Mauchline too.

Of course Talbot players are paid. They're not on the kind of money being offered at other clubs trying to buy success though, that's the difference. The support dig deep when asked. The monthly contribution scheme is the envy of the Junior game, and it's fans and players who pay that, not some sugar daddy. Fans built the stand. Fans are helping to pay for the current ground improvement. Mais que un club.

Talbot are the benchmark for every junior club & this is from someone who as a lad hated them with a passion

We all get older & wiser & once you get to know folk & the tremendous work they do then your respect grows for them & their club

Had to laugh at the Beith fan commenting about intimidation considering the antics both himself & some of the so called Beith fans were up to at the Vale the other week

Luckily a few of their more sensible fans managed to calm the situation

Of course Talbot players are paid. They're not on the kind of money being offered at other clubs trying to buy success though, that's the difference. The support dig deep when asked. The monthly contribution scheme is the envy of the Junior game, and it's fans and players who pay that, not some sugar daddy. Fans built the stand. Fans are helping to pay for the current ground improvement. Mais que un club.

What other clubs are trying to buy success?

I would be surprised if Talbot players weren't one of the highest earning junior squads in Scotland.

Talbot are the benchmark for every junior club & this is from someone who as a lad hated them with a passion

We all get older & wiser & once you get to know folk & the tremendous work they do then your respect grows for them & their club

Had to laugh at the Beith fan commenting about intimidation considering the antics both himself & some of the so called Beith fans were up to at the Vale the other week

Luckily a few of their more sensible fans managed to calm the situation

Hope that's not aimed at me FOJ?

I was one who was trying to calm it down despite provocation from your tea "lady"

Pretty sure some of your angelic fans were also involved in fighting.

I should know I was threatened by them trying to split things up.

Please get your facts right about a match you weren't even at.

No matter what you say Talbot teams have used intimidation of refs to get players sent off.

Have seen it for years.

Pretty cheap shot FOJ, thought better of you than that.

Hope that's not aimed at me FOJ?

I was one who was trying to calm it down despite provocation from your tea "lady"

Pretty sure some of your angelic fans were also involved in fighting.

I should know I was threatened by them trying to split things up.

Please get your facts right about a match you weren't even at.

No matter what you say Talbot teams have used intimidation of refs to get players sent off.

Have seen it for years.

Pretty cheap shot FOJ, thought better of you than that.

If that's your version of events fair enough

As you say I wasn't there

Archived