27/8/14 Gala FR v Whitehill Welfare

Rab B Nesbit

7.45pm tonight at the Netherdale 3G.

Hoping for a better result than last year when WW went down 3-0 to complete a 3 game losing run which ended any hopes of winning the league.

We did win on the opening day 4-2 at Ferguson Park.

Whitehill are handing the league to Spartans!

Surprised ye think ww only team that will be challenging spartans.

Long way to go but them 2 points dropped in injury time could be harmful at tail end of season.

game on sat at threave then massive game at meadowbank next Wednesday.

See where we are from there ;)

Gala put out a completely different looking team from the last time I saw them with the 2 young center mids playing as part of a front 3 and it was the first time I have seen this team puting any real pressure on the oppositions defense and defending from the front,it was really refreshing to see!

Barring the usual couple of of mistakes at the back I thot with the exception of Gala No 6 Miller it was an excellent team performance and I noticed that I wasnt the only person who was surprised to see Miller coming out for the 2nd half!

Gala look to have a very large squad and I can see them throwing a few games by trying to keep everyone happy

The Gala keeper had an excellent game and was unfortunate that the pen that he initially saved ended up in the back of the net !

This was an entertaining game with both teams providing spells of attractive football, roll on the next mid week game!

City have started well but I don't think they have enough strength in depth to put up a proper challenge. Mark my words they will start falling away come November/December.

I'd be willing to bet that not many of the top few teams pick up league points in December......

Whitehill are handing the league to Spartans!

It's certainly not for any lack of effort. Can't fault the players gave their all again last night. 2 draws in a row ... on Saturday Wayne Sproule hit the post in injury time to win it and it's cleared away ... last night Gala do the same and it bounces to a striker waiting to equalise.

WW Still unbeaten but 3 draws and 2 wins. 3 points a must on Saturday.

It's certainly not for any lack of effort. Can't fault the players gave their all again last night. 2 draws in a row ... on Saturday Wayne Sproule hit the post in injury time to win it and it's cleared away ... last night Gala do the same and it bounces to a striker waiting to equalise.WW Still unbeaten but 3 draws and 2 wins. 3 points a must on Saturday.

6 points a must next 2 games then there's that one :o

I see in the local press the Gala manager is claiming he has a squad of 22, is this the norm and can you only have the same number on the bench as SPFL teams ?

The match day squad can now be 18 players. So 22 isn't a bad shout- difficult to keep everyone happy but if you can, it's prudent to have options when injury and suspension hit.

Also think gala should look at playing a lot of them at the back based on the goals they've shipped of late....

22 will be more than many LL teams carry - but Gala can send players to their Border Amateur team (the former Gala Rovers) so it's not totally excessive.

EDIT: Although having said that, it is of course hampered by that restrictive "fortnight wait" rule the BAL operates, which I think is still in place.

22 will be more than many LL teams carry - but Gala can send players to their Border Amateur team (the former Gala Rovers) so it's not totally excessive.

EDIT: Although having said that, it is of course hampered by that restrictive "fortnight wait" rule the BAL operates, which I think is still in place.

Not sure if its true but someone told me that Gala actually have it the other way around and that some of the first team is made of players that cant get a game with the Amms !

The match day squad can now be 18 players. So 22 isn't a bad shout- difficult to keep everyone happy but if you can, it's prudent to have options when injury and suspension hit.

Also think gala should look at playing a lot of them at the back based on the goals they've shipped of late....

I agree totally as the one area gala has not improved in is defense and they could do with with a decent experienced center half at the very least!

Archived