The 'meh' derby - Killie vs St Johnstone

Killiesquirrel

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh indeed.

But looking at the teams left, short of the derbies that have been drawn out and a couple more which could have come out, there wasn't much excitement in there. No rogue "wee'er" teams who had caused upset in the last round.

Would love a win to progress and we have been doing that in recent years, I don't think our league campaign will be as successful as the last few so would be nice to add this Cup to our collection.

I'll be in Cape Town on holiday anyway when this game comes round. Mon eh Saints.

The last time the clubs met in a cup game was September 2000 in the league cup. Killie prevailed 1-0 away from home.

Then going further back, the sides drew 0-0 in February of 1993 in a Scottish cup tie. St Johnstone won the replay 1-0 at home and hence advanced.

As far as I can see, there has been no other cup meetings between the sides.

So the records between the sides in cup competitions are one win a piece and a draw.

Quite excited about the league cup this year. The last three wins we've had in this competition have been two derbies and a final - it'll be nice to ease the pace with a straightforward win over Saintees (now that July/August is nearly out I'm indifferent towards them again)

Anyway, they had their 130 yearly fun in May - leave it to the big boys lads.

Quite excited about the league cup this year. The last three wins we've had in this competition have been two derbies and a final - it'll be nice to ease the pace with a straightforward win over Saintees (now that July/August is nearly out I'm indifferent towards them again)

Anyway, they had their 130 yearly fun in May - leave it to the big boys lads.

Your whole "big boys" shtick was ruined with your opening sentence tbh.

Leave the big boys to the Scottish cup, while you lot get all giddy about the diddy cup.

When was the last time Saints met Killie in cup competition must be going back quite number of years to before Saints went down in 2002, but cannot renember any Saints v Killie cup tie.

I was at Mcdairmid 92' for replay after being at 0-0 at RP.

We had about 3;000 that night. Stand behind goals plus part of main and fans jb family stand

Changed days!

Tommy Burns chip still gives me nightmares. What a time to grow up watching killie though. Felt like a massive family each week.

Nice to see the Perthshire cup

For a real gold trophy take a look at the Ayrshire Cup

I prefer Silver anyway, far more classy

66285.3.jpg

Archived