Celtic v Hearts

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very confident about this one, have a nagging doubt as well to the strength of the team likely to start, id like to think Ronny Deila will go with as strong an XI as this is a game he needs to win, forget talk of rotation, play your strongest team every week and make changes if you are two or three goals up.

At the end of the day its a trophy, one we are capable of winning unlike the Champions/Europa Lge. Also our domestic cup record in recent years is terrible, time it was sorted out guys

Assuming Lustig and Matthews are still out of contention for right back I would go with

Gordon

Ambrose

Izzaguire

Van Dijk

Denayer

Wakasso

Brown

Biton

Commons

Guidetti

Scepovic

Young McGregor has hit a bit of a wall last few games so perhaps a game or two on the bench might recharge his batteries

Buzzing for this, lets do these mhank scum.

The team in second place in the Championship took out one of the Premiership title contenders, so you would be in for a good chance of pumping oot the Hoops sitting mid table but you never know Celtic might cause a cup upset by pumping Hearts out on their arses. :rolleyes:

Do the Nostradamus Brigade still have that 'flats flats glorious flats' banner?

I'm sure they'll console themselves by patting each other on the back for single handedly bringing about the demise of Rangers.........

I'm sure they'll console themselves by patting each other on the back for single handedly bringing about the demise of Rangers.........

They must be kicking themselves that they didn't go hard with letter writing and FOI requests like the Hibees did. But, then again, they don't really hate Rangers.

Can't say I'm optimistic about winning this one, but I hope we can give them a game - big test for us.

A few selection issues for us to think about - it's unlikely we'll see Miguel Pallardó, who has strained a thigh, while it's not clear whether McHattie or Nicholson will feature, although it does seem that they've resumed training. Callum Paterson looked to be well short of full fitness at the weekend, but he did complete the 90 minutes - I'd leave him on the bench tomorrow night, which would mean starting with Jordan McGhee at right back.

Scott Robinson did well on Saturday - if he keeps his place, it'll have to be as part of a middle three, as Buaben should play alongside Gomis - the problem there, though, is that we're not likely to get much creativity from that threesome - Holt is the guy who can pick out a pass, but he was left on the bench at the weekend after a relatively quiet game at Dumbarton.

Too soon still for El Hass or Carrick to start the game, so it'll likely be Sow and Keatings up front, unless we decide to go with a 4-5-1 formation.

My guess would be:

Alexander

McGhee - Ozturk - Wilson - Eckersley

King - Buaben - Gomis - Holt - Walker

Sow

Subs: Halliwell, McKay, Robinson, Carrick, Keatings, El Hassnoui, Paterson.

Think it'll be 1-0 Hearts if we put a bad team out tbh. There won't be many goals, and we look terrible at the moment. Mind you if we put out the team that played Salzburg we should win 2 or 3 nil

Think it'll be 1-0 Hearts if we put a bad team out tbh. There won't be many goals, and we look terrible at the moment. Mind you if we put out the team that played Salzburg we should win 2 or 3 nil

Ah !, the voice of reason or the voice of shitting bricks because we don't know what donkeys Deila will field thinking it's only a Championship team so let's blood the numpties and still cruise through the game.

I really thought we'd see the last of picking players ramdomly out of a lucky bag. :bairn

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hearts win - Celtic are terrible just now. Offering nothing at all up front. If a defeat in a meaningless cup game quickens the departure of Delia then bring it on I say.....

I'm stuck with my season ticket but I won't be handing over another penny to the BoD whilst Delia is in charge. ( Anyway I never know where I'm going to be for work so it can be a pain to get to midweek games and not worth taking a half day off work for )

Hopefully Buaben will be back to replace Robinson in midfield. Only a matter of time before Keatings gets back on the score sheet so start with him up front. We obviously haven't had any games like this so far this season so will be interesting to see how we approach it- plenty of space for us to exploit on the wings at Parkhead so we need to take advantage of that

Head says 2-0 Celtic

Heart says 2-1 Jambos.

Archived