Dundee Utd v Dundee - League Cup 3rd round

The Master

The sending off wasn't a red, and when you see it again you will say that for yourself unless you have those tangy rose classes on.

We played well, even when we went down to 10 men and I look forward to the next derby.

Didn't have a great view I'll admit, last man though, and thought it was a foul. I'll be first to admit I got it wrong, if in fact I did get it wrong.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we had 11 men, could easily have been a reverse score of the game on Sunday.

I really can't emphasise enough how mental a statement this is.

You had 11 men for 25 mins and missed a penalty. You came flying out of the traps, as you should have after that minter of a performance on Sunday, showing a lot of intent with very little threat, for 20 minutes.

Penalty aside it could have as easily been 1-0 us as you in the first 20 mins.

If you count shots blootered over the bar from 20 yards then yes, you might have won 4-1.

If you're talking actual football rules then absolutely no way you would have scored four goals with 12 men.

You had 11 men for 25 mins and missed a penalty. You came flying out of the traps, as you should have after that minter of a performance on Sunday, showing a lot of intent with very little threat, for 20 minutes.

If you count shots blootered over the bar from 20 yards then yes, you might have won 4-1.

If you're talking actual football rules then absolutely no way you would have scored four goals with 12 men.

Rado had two terrific saves before the sending off and that's not including the penalty.

Ando, on 24 Sept 2014 - 22:48, said:

What utter nonsense. Rado pulled off an amazing save from a Tank volley and time and time again we were getting the better of Dillon and Watson. Fojut and Morris were being made to look like diddies with the ball at their feet too. Fojut immense in the air, but run at him and he doesn't have a clue.

I'm struggling to remember a time where United had the ball in our half in the first 20 minutes, never mind create a chance to go 1 up.

Second half it was all United, we were tiring, getting deeper and deeper as United had the extra man. It was only a matter of time as we didn't have an out ball, particularly when Roberts came on who offered us nothing up top.

Disappointing goal to concede though.

Didn't have a great view I'll admit, last man though, and thought it was a foul. I'll be first to admit I got it wrong, if in fact I did get it wrong.

He wasn't the last man, I think Konrad was in front of them and I think the utd players just went down easy. (But I will correct myself if I am wrong).

However, we played extremely well even after going down to 10 men and a mistake by Letheren cost us the game right at the end (even though his amazing save earlier kept us in).

Still proud of the players tonight and I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Was it a complete fresh air swipe by Letheren for Fojut to header in?

Worried about McPake he was struggling badly from about the 60th minute with a thigh injury.

I think if we had 11 men, could easily have been a reverse score of the game on Sunday. Rado was producing heroics though and made a few cracking saves. Roberts coming on for Tankulic signed the death penalty for us as he was gash when he came on, couldn't hold the ball up, wasn't offering much and had to switch with Stewart who was brilliant for us (Penalty miss aside) but is another that can't hold the ball up.

Desperately unlucky, but it's job done for United.

Don't do drugs, kids.

Not too bothered, (think they would have won it in extra time anyway) you've got to look at the bigger picture, and that's a cracking side Hartley's put together, don't understand why he didn't start Wighton instead of Tankulic though.

You talk about Dee supporters being deluded? Were you too busy trying to get a cross stitch or were you dropping your knitting needles a lot before Boyle got sent off?

Well thought the so called best team

In scotland were bang average tonight. When it was 11 v 11 we were far the better team.

Any team playing united should just pressure them as high up the pitch as possible. If you give them time on the ball they will hurt you but if press them they looked very average and panicked in possession.

Morris had a nightmare first half against Tank.

Not too bothered, (think they would have won it in extra time anyway) you've got to look at the bigger picture, and that's a cracking side Hartley's put together, don't understand why he didn't start Wighton instead of Tankulic though.

Agreed. I thought we fought really well for every ball, and we have now shown that we can play well as a team. I think PH would have brought him on if Boyle hadn't got sent off.

Letheren is absolutely petrified of crosses. You'd think Geddes would be working with him on that daily. Massive, massive weak part of his game. He's like a vampire.

Ludo, I have said this about Letheren since he joined the team. I would prefer Bain in goal as I think he is a better keeper myself.

Thought Tank had a good first half and have Morris a hard time. Hopefully he can push on from that.

Roberts can get to f**k though. Yes he has pace but he is a lazy b*****d. Wighton should have been on before him.

Dundee still in the best team in first 15 minutes cup and the best singers cup so that's nice.

Back at the game it looked a stick on red to me in the ETL but I'll need to see it on tv. We didn't capitalise the way we should have in the remainder of the first half.

Second half Dundee defended well but must have been told at half time to play for pens. Two banks of 4 and hoofed clearances to half way where our centre halfs were camped. The goal was always coming.

Thought Tankulic lead the line very well for you tonight, although obviously tired second half.

I was right in line with the Armstrong incident and thought it was a stonewall red card. Lovely Locks was clean through and Boyle just hauled him down. I would need to see the replay to be sure but i'm certainly not going to go on Willie Miller's opinion.

Fair play to Dundee for their efforts though (especially the first 20 mins were they were excellent) but I refuse to live in a world where a team that contains Gary Irvine beats United therefore thank goodness for big Fojut :wub:

Special mention to McPake. Throwing himself in front of everything, making vital challenges left right and centre and powering through what looked like could be a nasty thigh injury too.

Special mention to McPake. Throwing himself in front of everything, making vital challenges left right and centre and powering through what looked like could be a nasty thigh injury too.

Fair play to him but Hartley should have taken him off. We could potentially lose him for an extended period as a result.

Archived