Alloa vs Hibs

Season ticket holder.....but now going to be working in Falkirk on Saturday until 3.30pm :(

Was really looking forward to this one as well. Both teams still seem to be trying to find their own rhythm this season and I can see both teams scoring here.

Some fond memories of playing the Hibees too. The Scottish Cup quarter-final as has already been mentioned. Players like Archibald, Evans, Goram, Collins, etc and we more than held our own that day. Great Alloa support and Ronnie Lowrie brilliant that day with some tremendous saves, a double save in particular. We had chances of our own though with Billy Blackie and Gus Smith both going really close.

Played them not long after that game too, a Skol Cup game I think it was back at the time, early 90's. Think we got beat 2-0 that night but it was comfortably 2-0, was more damage limitation that night.

I think the game you're on about Waspie was when Dwyer, Irvine, etc were playing and we got beat 3-1. Think it was 3-0 at half-time (with one of the goals coming from the halfway line by Chic Charnley!). We scored early in the second half through Willie Irvine and then Dwyer went really close about a minute later, would've been some finish to the game had he scored but the game petered out after that.

Oh well, hope my shifts are better for their visit next time around. Would be great to get a win here but I really think we'll end up losing about 2-1 or 3-1. A sneaky wee 1-1 will do fine though! :1eye

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have played on a few decent plastic pitches which will stand you in no stead for playing on the car park like surface at recreation park. Worst plastic pitch that I have seen in Scotland by a mile and I saw our old one a few times.

although your point was made a tad bluntly, you do have a fair point. its not 1 of the better artificial pitches for some reason.

I'd forgotten about the game when Charnley scored from the halfway line, Sevennil. The 4-0 was a few years after that. Andy Brown scored a header for us early on but the ref disallowed it for a non existent foul on the keeper. Hibs were a goal up at half time but then they fired in 3 goals really quickly. Wasn't a great Alloa team, think we were probably relieved to get away with 4-0. I remember seeing Terry Christie in the pub after the game and he wasn't impressed with the ref.

Another game at Easter Road, way before my time, was when Hibs gubbed us 11-2 in the 60's. Neil Martin scored a few of them and he was saying that he was having a good bit of banter throughout the game with his former teammates in black and gold. Hopefully we do a bit better than 11-2 at the weekend.

Been to Alloa before. The League cup game in 2002.

Alloa fans are your pies and chesseburgers decent?

Aye they're quite good. Quite a decent selection as well if I remember correctly. I think you get rolls on square, homemade soup and loads of other stuff. Pretty cheap as well. Also a KFC right outside the away end for any pre or post match grub.

If your coming for a pint in the town there's plenty of pubs. The Bobbing John (weatherspoons) and Old Brewery are both big soulless barns which serve food. If you want a normal pub then you've got the Station(my local), the primrose, the star(supporters club lounge upstairs) and the thistle. On the other side of the town centre you've got crams (place is tiny) and the bank (big pub and good banter but a bit rough)

Aye they're quite good. Quite a decent selection as well if I remember correctly. I think you get rolls on square, homemade soup and loads of other stuff. Pretty cheap as well. Also a KFC right outside the away end for any pre or post match grub.

If your coming for a pint in the town there's plenty of pubs. The Bobbing John (weatherspoons) and Old Brewery are both big soulless barns which serve food. If you want a normal pub then you've got the Station(my local), the primrose, the star(supporters club lounge upstairs) and the thistle. On the other side of the town centre you've got crams (place is tiny) and the bank (big pub and good banter but a bit rough)

A McDonalds is just a 2 second walk along from the ground i'm sure too.

Deciding between this game and the Cowden game to attend today. I know this game is all ticket, but should I be okay at turning up at say 12-1ish and purchasing a ticket at the ground?

Deciding between this game and the Cowden game to attend today. I know this game is all ticket, but should I be okay at turning up at say 12-1ish and purchasing a ticket at the ground?

Aye they've got tickets on sale up until kick off for both home and away fans. I think for Hibs fans they've to go to turnstile 13 to buy a ticket and there'll be 500 available for them, for Alloa fans there still on sale at the leisure bowl, wasp centre and I think one of the turnstiles at the ground.

http://alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&ItemID=1103&mid=2

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4772

Archived