Hamilton Accies vs Ross County - 30/08/14

Hard one to predict, as we play better when we're the underdogs, but we will likely be favourites for this. A little worrying for me as from the evidence of last season we had better records against the likes of Falkirk and Queens than we did against Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath, it just seems that the team plays better and tends to win when there is no expectations to win.

Anyway think there may be a couple of changes to the squad with perhaps MAC and Dougie being dropped for 22 and Scotland, in that case I would line up like this...

.........................McGovern

...Gordon...Canning...Tena...Gillespie

.........................MacKinnon

...Crawford...Andreu...Redmond...Longridge

...........................Scotland

Think Ross County may have a good game and get their act together a bit so I'll say 1-1 which would still be a good result.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think MAC is being used for his ability to hold the ball. His finishing has been dire but he has spells like that and then he has spells where he scores 3 or 4 in a few games. He is better in the air than he was, his control is good and lay offs are effective. I fully expect to see him start against County.

Accies 5 County 1 Then we embark on a remarkable 40 unbeaten run. Or maybe not.

I'll take it. Seeing as a home win is guaranteed anyway. I mean at this point I expect Stranraer to do us in.

The thought of being favourites is worrying. #22 for Imrie would be ideal. Not been impressed by Imrie this spell, maybe a week on the bench might motivate him to get the finger oot.

Hoping for a win as a 12 point gap would be fantastic at this stage, but can see a draw on the cards. Hopefully we can bring in some decent numbers with the ticket policy we're going with for the game and get behind the boy, and hopefully see another victory.

A chance to attract new fans with free tickets being offered to children from local schools, football clubs & after school clubs,

Winning 3 games on the bounce,

Playing the team at the foot of the table yet to pick up any points and being favourites to win,

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Agree with others that #22 should start in place of Imrie. Also think MAC has missed too many guilt edged chances in the last 3 league games. Scotland maybe not as mobile as him but his finishing is far superior so I think he should get the nod. As for Canning what he lacks in pace and acceleration he makes up for with good positioning and reading of the game. His distribution is terrible though.

Massive game so early in the season a chance to go 12 points clear of bottom spot who would have thought it after the ICT game.We go in as favourites and rightly so I think we will get the win 2-1 in front of our biggest crowd of the season.

After last night's performance I can see us only making enforced changes due to picking up a few injuries with the exception being possibly Boyce getting his first start.

I'd go:

Reguero

Balk Boyd Frempah Celcer

Brittain Kiss

De Leeuw Boyce Cardle

Jervis

If Arquin, Fenlon and Carey are fit they'll probably come back into the side.

You's are in fackin trouble now like. We came from behind to beat Stranraer 2-1! Like a fackin Phoenix mun, a fackin Phoenix from the flames!! Bouncing back like a car off of rabber bampers! (this is Dingwall gudgie bilge, i'm a bit excited we finally won a game in the cup / this season).

Glad De Leeuw and Boyce both scored last night as I think they should form our front 3 with Arquin. So I hope Arquin is fit, rumours of him being injured are worrying. Cardle has played well in the opportunities hes been afforded, so no problem with him playing instead of Arquin.

Hope Carey is fit, rumours of him takin a knock are worrying too... he provides good balance if we persevere with the midfield 3.

Brittain has a decent left foot, but we would miss Careys creativity. I also worry Quinn, Brittain and Kiss are maybe too similar to provide a balanced midfield 3. Would much rather a combination out of Balk, Carey, Kiss and Brittain.

Albeit Balk is now needed in defense.

If Fenlon is injured and we get to bring Frempah in, with Balk pushed to RB, I'm not too concerned.

I think we are missing an aggressive powerful centrehalf and Frempah looks like he could fulfil that role, just hope the rest of his game is up to scratch. Not ideal Balk at RB, but I have it in my mind he's more solid defensively than Fenlon, if less potent going forward.

I'm assuming Dreesen is still out.

Speaks volumes of how bad our defense is if this makeshift lot is just as 'good'.

Toss a coin for the keepers.

After last night's performance I can see us only making enforced changes due to picking up a few injuries with the exception being possibly Boyce getting his first start.

I'd go:

Reguero

Balk Boyd Frempah Celcer

Brittain Kiss

De Leeuw Boyce Cardle

Jervis

If Arquin, Fenlon and Carey are fit they'll probably come back into the side.

Similar, except I'd push Boyce up top and swap Jervis for a CM (likely Quinn). Mainly to offer some more protection to our shambolic defense.

I think Boyce can play attacking midfield, but is better up top. Not sure if his fitness is there to play midfield yet... admittedly the lone striker role isn't exactly a lazy one.

Also assuming Arquin, Carey, Fenlon and Dreesen are all injured.

A win here and a draw at Inverness-Killie would see us top as long as Dundee Utd don't win big at Paisley. Nah, just can't see that happening but a narrow win is doable. I've heard that County have been playing better than their results so I would not be surprised if we lost but I'll say 1-1, which would be ok. Last week I would have taken four points from these games.

Archived