Cowden vs Rovers

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time for a long time that I think we could get a pasting from the Rovers. The performance against Alloa was unacceptable.

We play like we did yesterday, and you could be the one to give us the pasting. We play like we did against Dumbarton in the second half, and it could be a comfortable away win. I'm leaning more towards the former outcome though..

First time for a long time that I think we could get a pasting from the Rovers. The performance against Alloa was unacceptable.

No! Cowden fans are notorious for the "Rovers will pump us. We've missing a shit tonne of players..." only to turn up, dominate the game and beat us. Same goes for Falkirk!

The reaction of people to yesterday is hilarious. Our season simply isn't about games against Hearts. No point looking too much into yesterday, it's the games against the other 7 teams outside Hearts and Rangers that define our season.

100% this. As i said in the thread, im unhappy how we allowed them to play as we should have been pressuring from the first minute. Im also unhappy Murray has had 2 seasons and still is unaware what tactics actually are, but id happily take a humping off the 3 "biggies" if we continue to do well against the lower league clubs

This game again totally depends what Raith turn up, We bounced back well from our horrendous display Vs the Wee Team so im hoping we can do the same again !

Cowdung without Hemmings & Stewart are definitely not as big a threat as last season, but as pointed out, Murray doesn't seem to know how to win a derby .... Ill go a potential draw with this !

Just reading on twitter that even some of the Hearts fans were surprised by how well they played on Saturday. While we weren't great by any stretch of imagination, Saturday was similar to when we played Celtic in the cup a few years ago at Starks. We can spend hours discussing what we could have changed but as others have said we were simply outclassed by a team with a far bigger budget and better squad of players. At 2-0, I had hoped we might have nicked a goal, especially with the crowd riled by some of the decisions from the referee. Sadly, Keatings had other ideas and did a fine Ryan Conroy impression on his free kick for 3-0.

I think Saturday will give us a better picture of where we actually stand. I've still not lost the confidence gained from our performances against Alloa and Dumbarton. If we can match those, then hopefully that would be enough to get us a win. Cowden have been having a tough time of it so far, but historically I can only ever think of a couple of game which we've gone when they've been in bad form and went and hammered them in recent years at Central Park (5-1 in McGlynn's first season and 3-0 in 2010/2011).

As mentioned, even after losing Stewart and Hemmings, Cowden still have players who can put the ball about and play to their strengths. I think it'll either be a case of Cowden scoring early on and a backs to the wall job, or us winning in an assured manner. I'd be surprised if it panned out otherwise.

Archived