Cowden vs Rovers

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you replace Mckeown,Perry and Nade with? Also, is Mcgurn fit to replace Cuthbert with?

Will you be calling for Mcgurn to be replaced if he had 1 bad game?

McGurn played 90 minutes in the Fife Cup so we should at least give him the Dundee game during the week. If he comes through that he should be back in the team, Cuthbert warms the bench and Laidlaw is punted to a suitable junior club on loan. Elliot would come in for Nade, who should be benched until he learns to pass the ball. The defence is the trickiest area because of our injuries but I'd rather put up with Ellis, Bates and Watson in a back three than put up with another 90 minutes of ineptitude from Perry and McKeown. Again, the Dundee game could be used to try this out. It's a game we will lose anyway so we might as well try something different.

McGurn played 90 minutes in the Fife Cup so we should at least give him the Dundee game during the week. If he comes through that he should be back in the team, Cuthbert warms the bench and Laidlaw is punted to a suitable junior club on loan. Elliot would come in for Nade, who should be benched until he learns to pass the ball. The defence is the trickiest area because of our injuries but I'd rather put up with Ellis, Bates and Watson in a back three than put up with another 90 minutes of ineptitude from Perry and McKeown. Again, the Dundee game could be used to try this out. It's a game we will lose anyway so we might as well try something different.

After watching Ellis and Bates pre season, you would have to be off your head to want that. Elliot will not solve any of the problems you say Nade gives us.

The reaction of people to yesterday is hilarious. Our season simply isn't about games against Hearts. No point looking too much into yesterday, it's the games against the other 7 teams outside Hearts and Rangers that define our season.

I think we made them look a lot better than they actually are. Let's face it, Gomis and Buaben were released by SPL sides last season. It's similar to how people were banging on about how great Dunfermline were after the cup game but they then failed to score in their next two games. Hearts won't get an easier game than that all season.

Home win and the pressure is right back on Murray.

With that useless clown McKeown on the pitch it'll be like 12 v 10 out there.

I'd be looking to shake the team right up for this. McKeown, Cuthbert, Perry, Scott and Nade out please.

Droppin Cuthbert??? He's hardly put a foot wrong this season, was severely exposed yesterday by his team mates.

I think we made them look a lot better than they actually are. Let's face it, Gomis and Buaben were released by SPL sides last season. It's similar to how people were banging on about how great Dunfermline were after the cup game but they then failed to score in their next two games. Hearts won't get an easier game than that all season.

I don't recall anyone thinking Dunfermline were great.

Did anyone think that Dunfermline were great? I thought they were only marginally less poor than we were. That was a performance that was all about us being terrible and gifting a result to the other side. Yesterday was us being blown away by a superior side. Obviously there were errors, and there are solutions, but people are overreacting again.

Goalkeepers are partially at fault for most goals. I would've said that Cuthbert was probably the main 'culprit' for the first, he took himself out of the game without fully committing, but that doesn't mean he should be dropped, not at all. It's something Cuthbert is going to have to get used to, because for the first time in a long time we'll have two fully competent goalkeepers at the club who are both fit and ready to play, but when has shuffling goalkeepers ever worked well for us? Three words: McNeil, Laidlaw, Robinson. All three were parachutes into the defence, all three times the defensive unit went to shit. We need to be building consistency and communication at the back, not disrupting it.

My eyes tell me that Gomis and Bauben are still a great midfield pairing, just as they were at Dundee United. Maybe they are better as a team than as individuals. Either way they are both SPL/English Championship class, as shown by their recent clubs, and are way better than most we'll come up against.

Hearts beat Rangers at Ibrox, then beat Hibs. They look a decent side.

Raith win by 2 . That there level part time teams !!

I had my buddies at the CIA run this through their computer thingy and all they could come up with is a), you are a terrorist (which is unlikely) or b), you are talking utter shite (which is more likely).

I had my buddies at the CIA run this through their computer thingy and all they could come up with is a), you are a terrorist (which is unlikely) or b), you are talking utter shite (which is more likely).

A is spot on !!!

Heard we've signed Tom Daley for this game, in for Glen, LOL.

Hopefully Clum Elliot is back too and Jace Thomson can get a 9.5 and con another penalty out the ref.

If Alloa beat this shower 3-0, then we should be winning at least 4-0. Anything else is unacceptable. Nade to get a hat-trick.

We can't drop McKeown as we've no-one else to play there. The thought of Ellis playing out at LB these days is horrific. That's a Murray/board issue as we should've brought in cover at full back as part of our bigger squad (remember that?).

Onto the game, Cowdenbeath seem pretty poor this seaaon so we should be looking for three points here. Unfortunately, Murray's Fife derby record is rancid, so I won't be surprised if we draw or lose 1-0.

From yesterday I think I'd be looking to drop Scott, who didn't look like doing anything other than perhaps getting sent off. Maybe a game on the bench will give him the kick he needs, as he has flattered to deceive thus far.

Hopefully Clum Elliot is back too and Jace Thomson can get a 9.5 and con another penalty out the ref.

If Alloa beat this shower 3-0, then we should be winning at least 4-0. Anything else is unacceptable. Nade to get a hat-trick.

Will give you 25/1 on a Nade Hat-Rick

Archived