Livi v QoS (League Cup)

LIVIFOREVER

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What can be added to what's already been said except that was a real kick in the preverbial to again concede right at the death. I thought we were at least going to get the excitement of penalties.

Two very well matched teams who as others have said really cancelled each other out. Some decent performances on both sides in particular both back fours. Though we might nick it when Russell went through in extra time then shortly after that Clark had a fine save from Burchill (I think). Good finish for the goal. Well done to Livi and good luck in the next round.

Final point, the dig a hole chants from the Livi "choir" for Clark when he went down were poor. He was clearly hurt and for a minute or two I wondered if he might be seriously injured.

As most have said, a poor game played by two very even sides. I wouldnt agree that it was too poor sides, just that they cancelled each other out.

As DD said, the two back fours played well. Queens two centre halves completed dominated White (I stand by my assessment of him), particularly Durnan who was superb while the Livy defence limited Queens to very few chances. Im not sure Jamieson even had to make any kind of serious save until Russell broke clear in ET.

The game had 0-0 and penalties written all over it until Hippolyte popped up with a really good finish for the winner. Slightly gutting as he was poor again when he came on, his only other contribution to the game being to pick up a booking for persistent fouling.

Hopefully, McShanes injury isnt too bad and he was taken off as a precaution. Ive noticed in a few games he hasnt looked "right" but seems to have been playing through it.

Two very well matched teams who as others have said really cancelled each other out. Some decent performances on both sides in particular both back fours. Though we might nick it when Russell went through in extra time then shortly after that Clark had a fine save from Burchill (I think). Good finish for the goal. Well done to Livi and good luck in the next round.

Final point, the dig a hole chants from the Livi "choir" for Clark when he went down were poor. He was clearly hurt and for a minute or two I wondered if he might be seriously injured.

Talbot is easily one of the dirtiest players in this league, I usually defend players in a 50-50 but that was 100-0% in clarks favour and talbot could easily of jumped over Clark but he left the boot in and lucky to escape a card. Russell got booked for something similar only difference was keeper was outside his box and he was a split second late in what was a real 50-50.

Talbot is easily one of the dirtiest players in this league, I usually defend players in a 50-50 but that was 100-0% in clarks favour and talbot could easily of jumped over Clark but he left the boot in and lucky to escape a card. Russell got booked for something similar only difference was keeper was outside his box and he was a split second late in what was a real 50-50.

Rubbish, Russell was about 10 minutes late on our keeper, id agree with the Talbot thing though, even our own fans dread him going in for a 50-50 because he will probably get sent off, I don't think he's a dirty player and goes to intentionally hurt people, he's actually started the season very good for us.

Rubbish, Russell was about 10 minutes late on our keeper, id agree with the Talbot thing though, even our own fans dread him going in for a 50-50 because he will probably get sent off, I don't think he's a dirty player and goes to intentionally hurt people, he's actually started the season very good for us.

Have to say I thought Russell could easily have avoided the clash and it was a stupid free kick to give away.

Which number was Talbot?

Well we all see things differently but way I remember Russell's was he jumped to block the kick out your keeper sliced into stand and momentum carried him into Jamieson not in a malicious manner. Where as Talbots on the other hand he left the boot in with no chance of getting the ball. He is a very dirty player, Raith last year ring a bell ?

3 the left back who wrestled with Kidd late on but Kidd slipped past him.

Cheers.

As stated above I thought the back 4s of both sides played well. The game was interesting enough in that the 2 sides are clearly well matched but wasn`t by any means thrill a minute.

Felt we really missed the likes of Burns, McKenna and Kerr in midfield.

Also felt last night that Paton`s creativity and Mitchell`s dead ball delivery really missed.

Well we all see things differently but way I remember Russell's was he jumped to block the kick out your keeper sliced into stand and momentum carried him into Jamieson not in a malicious manner. Where as Talbots on the other hand he left the boot in with no chance of getting the ball. He is a very dirty player, Raith last year ring a bell ?

Im not sure Russell is as innocent as you make out. However, I would totally agree that if one was a booking then so was the other. One of many bizarre decisions by the ref

Cheers.

As stated above I thought the back 4s of both sides played well. The game was interesting enough in that the 2 sides are clearly well matched but wasn`t by any means thrill a minute.

Felt we really missed the likes of Burns, McKenna and Kerr in midfield.

Also felt last night that Paton`s creativity and Mitchell`s dead ball delivery really missed.

McShane has really stepped up to the plate to replace Mitchell from dead balls. When he went off, though, the quality really dropped.

Russell was overdue a booking, he'd been fouling all game with pushing and pulling on Livi players.

Agree Talbot is reckless at times with his 50-50 challenges. He's not as bad as last season though and gets down the wing well for our attacks so is more of an asset than a hindrance to us this season. He cost us a couple of times with his mental tackles last season, esp against Motherwell in the cup where we were getting on top of them before he got sent off.

Declan Gallagher stood out a mile yesterday. Excellent composure for a centre back and good at tackling and in the air aswell. No disrespect to Livi but he should be playing at a far higher level. Yesterday was a horrendous game with everyone seeming to panic when they got the ball. Kidd for me is not good enough as a winger but may be worth trying in the centre midfield. Kev the American is a lovely passer, only problem is he gets bypassed and doesn't look for the ball so although he is probably our best technical player, their is little point as he doesn't do enough to get the ball. Reminds me of Bachirou. Higgins Durnan and Clark all played very well, but offensively was where we are lacking. Fowler will be back up once all our injuries have healed as he is average at best. Baird needs game time to sharpen up and although he didn't do much yesterday, he will benefit from getting the minutes under his belt. Now seen Hippolyte 3 times for Livi and his performances have been brilliant, shocking and tonight average, but he can do things out of the ordinary which makes him a useful sub.

No idea why Gallagher signed for us when Dundee offered him a contract 3 times and he'd have been playing in the SPFL Premiership, but I'm really glad he did. He's far too good for what Livi can afford too so it's unbelievable that he's playing for us.

He's made a huge difference to our defence, and with DJ coming on leaps and bounds we're a lot more solid at the back this season. Still not got a proper RB until Donaldson comes in from his illness, but hopefully he'll do well there as it has been a problem area for us over the years and more often than not we're sticking midfielders or centre backs in there to cover.

Pretty turgid affair really, but it was good to see two teams going hammer and tongs. Both teams were really solid, which in its own way makes it a good spectacle. I thought Gallagher was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch - he wins everything, and is extremely composed in doing so. I also thought Kyle Jacobs handled the threat of Russell really well.

I thought Queens had a couple of handy looking players - their number 23 (Smith?) looked sharp when he came on, and Lyle always causes bother.

Delighted to be in the hat/glass bowl/tombola machine for the next round, although Aberdeen away is probably as tough as it could get.

Pretty turgid affair really, but it was good to see two teams going hammer and tongs. Both teams were really solid, which in its own way makes it a good spectacle. I thought Gallagher was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch - he wins everything, and is extremely composed in doing so. I also thought Kyle Jacobs handled the threat of Russell really well.

I thought Queens had a couple of handy looking players - their number 23 (Smith?) looked sharp when he came on, and Lyle always causes bother.

Delighted to be in the hat/glass bowl/tombola machine for the next round, although Aberdeen away is probably as tough as it could get.

Really. He tried hard but TBH looked a bit out of his depth to me. Not to say he can`t become a good player for us though.

With the exception of Durnan ;)

Archived