Livi v QoS (League Cup)

LIVIFOREVER

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Fowler be suspended for this tie?

Paton & Kerr must be close to be back in squad.

It wasnt a straight red, so no Fowler wont be suspended - unless the rules have changed!

Paton hasnt even started running in training yet. I wouldnt risk him, more important hes fit for the league games.

So far, its been 1 livy win and 1 draw. Surely that means a Queens win :lol:

So far, its been 1 livy win and 1 draw. Surely that means a Queens win :lol:

Technically speaking it has been two draws (over 90 minutes). Will it be three draws and extra time again? Will Livi playing at home make a difference? The previous games have been fast paced and good to watch. I have no idea who will win this one. Hopefully it will be another entertaining game.

Could always do a Hearts and make 10 changes from yesterday, and we'll see if we can stick more than 4 past you.

We don't have enough fit first-team players to make 10 changes. I would however like to see us make a few. The first 3 league games the team has picked itself, and although they have done well they ran out of steam in spectacular style after 45 minutes yesterday.

I'd start Baird as he could do with 90 minutes rather than 20 minutes here and there. Likewise with Dzierzawski who is probably going to start at Ibrox now. If we're going to switch to a midfield 5 at Ibrox then I'd give that formation a run-out. Of the players we have available that would probably mean Kidd coming in and Carmichael moving to the "Paton role". That would leave the team along the lines of -

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins Holt

McShane Dzierzawski

Kidd Carmichael Russell

Baird

Technically speaking it has been two draws (over 90 minutes). Will it be three draws and extra time again? Will Livi playing at home make a difference? The previous games have been fast paced and good to watch. I have no idea who will win this one. Hopefully it will be another entertaining game.

Good point. I think the game will be more similar to yesterdays than the first cup game.

We don't have enough fit first-team players to make 10 changes. I would however like to see us make a few. The first 3 league games the team has picked itself, and although they have done well they ran out of steam in spectacular style after 45 minutes yesterday.

I'd start Baird as he could do with 90 minutes rather than 20 minutes here and there. Likewise with Dzierzawski who is probably going to start at Ibrox now. If we're going to switch to a midfield 5 at Ibrox then I'd give that formation a run-out. Of the players we have available that would probably mean Kidd coming in and Carmichael moving to the "Paton role". That would leave the team along the lines of -

Clark

McShane Dzierzawski

Kidd Carmichael Russell

Baird

That would certainly match up with how Livy lined up yesterday. I thought McShane and Fowler got over run at times with Livys extra midfielder. We could really do with someone in the "hole" to pick up Jacobs and O'Brien when they drop deep. That, and closing down the back four will be key to winning the game. As long as Baird and Carmichael can close down the centre, that might be a good formation

Would imagine Hippolyte will be dropped back to the bench again with Mullen starting, still think he's a cracking player and will make a big impact against tired players coming on as sub. Maybe a bit inconsistent as I think he's 19, but def has talent and is frighteningly good when he turns it on.

Glen is a must to start, his link up play for White makes us more of a threat. Mullen gives us energy to chase balls and close players down.

Robertson too seems to be a decent impact player, scored 2 goals coming on as a late sub and makes good runs that he prob doesn't get away with earlier in games.

Would be happy if it went to ET as I think our fitness is superb in cup games and reckon we'd have more in the tank than Queens, also our subs are making more of a difference when used later in games.

Would imagine Hippolyte will be dropped back to the bench again with Mullen starting, still think he's a cracking player and will make a big impact against tired players coming on as sub. Maybe a bit inconsistent as I think he's 19, but def has talent and is frighteningly good when he turns it on.

Glen is a must to start, his link up play for White makes us more of a threat. Mullen gives us energy to chase balls and close players down.

Robertson too seems to be a decent impact player, scored 2 goals coming on as a late sub and makes good runs that he prob doesn't get away with earlier in games.

Would be happy if it went to ET as I think our fitness is superb in cup games and reckon we'd have more in the tank than Queens, also our subs are making more of a difference when used later in games.

What happened to the guy who started up front against in the Challenge Cup game, Ogleby was it? I thought he looked better than White

What happened to the guy who started up front against in the Challenge Cup game, Ogleby was it? I thought he looked better than White

Ogleby has missed all of the league campaign so far with injury. I thought he looked good in pre-season so it will be good to get him back. That said, White has 4 goals in our last 3 games so he is doing very well!

Ogleby has missed all of the league campaign so far with injury. I thought he looked good in pre-season so it will be good to get him back. That said, White has 4 goals in our last 3 games so he is doing very well!

Certainly looked better than White in the first game against us. Not convinced by White at this level, to be honest, albeit I've not seen much of him at Livy obviously

Not sure if we are as fit as we were under Johnston but McIntyre commented at early stage of last season that the bunch of players we had last season were the fittest he had worked with. We haven't made big changes to the squad so wouldn't imagine a massive difference to our fitness. We shall see I suppose.

Ogleby was injured against Albion Rovers in our earlier league cup game. Looked pretty good at getting through on goal but didn't score any of his chances, kept hitting them over the bar. May have got his eye in and will no doubt get his chance again when he's fit but White looks a decent finisher and has scored 4 in 3 games so can't complain at that.

Certainly looked better than White in the first game against us. Not convinced by White at this level, to be honest, albeit I've not seen much of him at Livy obviously

Have to say based on that one game I thought the complete opposite. For me in the cup game Livi looked much better when Hippolyte and White replaced Ogleby and Glen. White immediately gave Durnan and Dowie problems Ogleby hadn't over the earlier part of the game. I've been surprised and impressed with Jordan White based on what I've seen so far. I'd seen him play for Stirling Albion before and not look any great shakes but he's been a handful in both games against us so far,

Clark

McShane Dzierzawski

Kidd Carmichael Russell

Baird

Good point. I think the game will be more similar to yesterdays than the first cup game.

That would certainly match up with how Livy lined up yesterday. I thought McShane and Fowler got over run at times with Livys extra midfielder. We could really do with someone in the "hole" to pick up Jacobs and O'Brien when they drop deep. That, and closing down the back four will be key to winning the game. As long as Baird and Carmichael can close down the centre, that might be a good formation

Can see where you're coming from with that team and it would make sense to keep Del and Gav fresh for the weekend, but based on what I've seen of Baird so far, shutting down isn't a strong point for him. Yes we all know Danny will run all day but he won't be able to do it on his own. We are at our best when we press high up the park and don't let teams come out onto us. We all saw another example of that in the second half on Saturday when we sat off and looked second best.

We need to be up the park and in their faces and that formation doesn't allow us to play to our strengths.

Edited to say with two up top we don't just close down the centre we also close down the full backs.

Have to say based on that one game I thought the complete opposite. For me in the cup game Livi looked much better when Hippolyte and White replaced Ogleby and Glen. White immediately gave Durnan and Dowie problems Ogleby hadn't over the earlier part of the game. I've been surprised and impressed with Jordan White based on what I've seen so far. I'd seen him play for Stirling Albion before and not look any great shakes but he's been a handful in both games against us so far,

White causes more problems physically, although I thought Durnan and Higgins dealt with him really well on Saturday. Ogleby, to me, looks a far better footballer.

Can see where you're coming from with that team and it would make sense to keep Del and Gav fresh for the weekend, but based on what I've seen of Baird so far, shutting down isn't a strong point for him. Yes we all know Danny will run all day but he won't be able to do it on his own. We are at our best when we press high up the park and don't let teams come out onto us. We all saw another example of that in the second half on Saturday when we sat off and looked second best.

We need to be up the park and in their faces and that formation doesn't allow us to play to our strengths.

Edited to say with two up top we don't just close down the centre we also close down the full backs.

I think the formation can allow us to press high but I would agree that Baird is probably not the player to do that up front on his own

Archived