Dumbarton v Livingston 30/8/14

This is a big game for us, if we win we can say we've had a great start to the league, lose and it's a meh start, 7 from 12 with 3 out of 4 away games to start with would be excellent.

Despite the poor start from the sons I think they will improve, and this will be a tough one, any kind of win would do but wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw.

Yesterday showed why Glen and Mullen need to start, we look so much more organised with them on the pitch, Hippolyte looks like a good impact player from the bench.

This all depends on what players are available after Tuesday but if we manage to win that and this then it would the best start to a season for us in years, would still take 8th place now though.

With Dumbarton having a bit of a mare so far I'd be disappointed if we didn't win this game. Also we need to rack up the points in our next 3 games, this one, then Alloa and Raith at home, because after that we've Hearts away, Rangers home, Falkirk away and Hibs home and will struggle to get many points from those games.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a contrast from last season when we looked confident going into every game. We took a few hammerings, but we gave a few out and we went at every team. This season the squad looks like their attitude has changed, they look nervy and not like themselves. A big upturn in performances is required and that includes the manager's performance in selecting the right team and tactics and motivating them properly.

I'd revert back to our favoured 4-4-2 for this one. It's no surprise that when we did switch to it on Saturday we looked far more comfortable. Surely to god Murray will ditch the clipboard shite now?

Agnew in for Kirkpatrick (not done a thing since pre season), Taggart in (thought he had a good game on Sat) for either Mair or DVZ depending on injuries, Fleming in for Nish. Gilhaney once again proved on Saturday why he should be starting and I thought Megginson looked lively when he came on so both of them out wide. The rest of the team picks itself but Linton needs to up his game. The amount of goals we concede from his side is a worry, said it most of last season as well.

This is the type of game we should be looking at taking points from so big performance required.

We have had a decent start in the league and cups but the same can't be said of Dumbarton so with all respect we should look to win this. I think I'll make it to this one, always liked going to Dumbarton. Good club and Murray will turn things around soon, looking forward to seeing you in action again.

We have had a decent start in the league and cups but the same can't be said of Dumbarton so with all respect we should look to win this. I think I'll make it to this one, always liked going to Dumbarton. Good club and Murray will turn things around soon, looking forward to seeing you in action again.

^^^

Much nicer than the Rangers fans.

Aye, be interesting to see how we line up following the cup game midweek, with the addition of the two loan signings and with us playing - no disrespect to livi - a team who we should be looking to take points from. Would still be happy to see us get a point and get off the mark.

Aye, be interesting to see how we line up following the cup game midweek, with the addition of the two loan signings and with us playing - no disrespect to livi - a team who we should be looking to take points from. Would still be happy to see us get a point and get off the mark.

You better no or Rankine will want his 200K back next week.

Rogers

Van Zanten Taggart Graham MacDonald

Turner

Gilhaney Agnew Megginson

Fleming Kane

Nishy could start as well upfront but Fleming was unplayable on Tuesday night so should be rewarded for that. Kane returning has made me more confident now!

Rogers

Van Zanten Taggart Graham MacDonald

Turner

Gilhaney Agnew Megginson

Fleming Kane

Nishy could start as well upfront but Fleming was unplayable on Tuesday night so should be rewarded for that. Kane returning has made me more confident now!

Reckon we'll see this team with Nish in for either of the front two. Doubt Ian will want too many changes from Tuesday.

Since when could a Dumbarton fan ever think that they "should be taking points off livi"?

That's like us saying we should be taking points off teams like Falkirk or Dundee who we generally struggle against

Since when could a Dumbarton fan ever think that they "should be taking points off livi"?

That's like us saying we should be taking points off teams like Falkirk or Dundee who we generally struggle against

Since now...we managed to nab 7 off you last season.

Eh?

We finished above you last season so why shouldn't we think we can take points off Livi?

Archived