Rangers v Queen of the South

I'm not too optimistic about this one either I'm afraid.

Our defence looks ok but we dont have anywhere near enough experience in midfield to win a game at Ibrox. I fear the 2 young boys in our central midfield, Mcshane and Dzierwzaski, will probably get the run around. Its really bad luck that most of our injury's are to experienced midfielders and there appears to be no chance of any of them injured being back in time.

Also, if we pick up any injuries during the game our subs bench has the same average age as the queue at the local sweetie shop.

Might beat you at Palmerston in the next match though when we have all our players back.

Yes, I'm not at all optimistic here. We got away with being seriously depleted, until facing a decent side on Saturday there. Rangers are obviously stronger again and I'm not hopeful.

I also think that it's likely we'll set up pretty defensively. We were certainly interested only in securing a point when reduced to ten men against Livingston and I can see us approaching this one in a similar way from the outset.

ETA: just saw Kincardine's post after writing this one.

Spooky or what?

My conscience is as untroubled as ever.

Anyway, it's inaccurate to say I'd not already posted a word on this thread. I had.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win this game will the Queens fans take it on the chin or will they copy the Dumbartoners and whine about the big bad bears beating them up for 90 minutes while the polis stand back and laugh....

If we win this game will the Queens fans take it on the chin or will they copy the Dumbartoners and whine about the big bad bears beating them up for 90 minutes while the polis stand back and laugh....

I suppose that depends on if your scumbag fans do their usual spitting, coin throwing and all the other scummy things they do during the 90 minutes. In all honesty if the fans do the same to us it doesn't matter if we win 3-0 or lose 3-0 I will still come on here and call you scummy b*****ds.

I'm actually genuinely surprised that the Rangers fans on the thread related to last Saturday's match against Dumbarton (apart from Bradhorse) are behaving as they are.

None of them are the types who would throw coins etc themselves, yet their first instinct is to defend those who do and dismiss those who object to it as liars.

It's actually pretty incredible to see. It's very obvious that the Dumbarton fans on P&B are decent sorts who've been subjected to a pretty unpleasant afternoon. All of them have visited many grounds before and not felt this way. All of them have witnessed their side being horsed many times before, yet felt no need to console themselves by inventing tales of rival fans' hostility. Yet unbelievably, that's what some Rangers fans are suggesting has happened here.

I'll admit that I'm surprised by how bad Saturday apparently was for Dumbarton's fans. When we visited a couple of years ago, there was that bunch of wee fannies who never once looked at the pitch, but there was no real sense of threat. Equally though, I've no doubt whatever, that the Dumbarton guys are not making their allegations up. It's also making me a little nervous about visiting with my eight year old son this weekend.

I'm actually genuinely surprised that the Rangers fans on the thread related to last Saturday's match against Dumbarton (apart from Bradhorse) are behaving as they are.

None of them are the types who would throw coins etc themselves, yet their first instinct is to defend those who do and dismiss those who object to it as liars.

It's actually pretty incredible to see. It's very obvious that the Dumbarton fans on P&B are decent sorts who've been subjected to a pretty unpleasant afternoon. All of them have visited many grounds before and not felt this way. All of them have witnessed their side being horsed many times before, yet felt no need to console themselves by inventing tales of rival fans' hostility. Yet unbelievably, that's what some Rangers fans are suggesting has happened here.

I'll admit that I'm surprised by how bad Saturday apparently was for Dumbarton's fans. When we visited a couple of years ago, there was that bunch of wee fannies who never once looked at the pitch, but there was no real sense of threat. Equally though, I've no doubt whatever, that the Dumbarton guys are not making their allegations up. It's also making me a little nervous about visiting with my eight year old son this weekend.

To be fair I was actually surprised by it. I dunno if they were trying to drum up some sort of rivalry or something due to us being from just down the road, bizarre stuff.

If you do take your boy I'd advise sitting as far from the stand behind the goal as possible, that's where the coins and lighters were coming from (seen a few scrunched up pie cases getting launched as well but they shouldn't do much damage).

Mind and film it though, cause if you don't then it never actually happened.

Not the best preparation for Saturdays tonight 120mins losing another midfielder to injury and to lose to a last min goal.

Things are getting tough early 6 players at least injured.

On the plus side we have only got the league to concentrate on now until the Fa cup comes along.

Surely we will have to move into the transfer market to sign a midfielder even on a short term contract.

I'm not too optimistic about this one either I'm afraid.

Our defence looks ok but we dont have anywhere near enough experience in midfield to win a game at Ibrox. I fear the 2 young boys in our central midfield, Mcshane and Dzierwzaski, will probably get the run around. Its really bad luck that most of our injury's are to experienced midfielders and there appears to be no chance of any of them injured being back in time.

Also, if we pick up any injuries during the game our subs bench has the same average age as the queue at the local sweetie shop.

Might beat you at Palmerston in the next match though when we have all our players back.

Listen, we were rank on Saturday and got what was coming, primarily because we allowed them to stroll into our half at will. The set-up, tactics, the whole thing was wrong. That said, Rangers, frankly, are not very good. Better than us, but that says little. If you sit back, you're f*****d. If you attack, use the width and get at their back line you have a real chance. Just don't bottle it.

I wish i had watched it now.

I was actually at Airdrie watching Rangers wishing i had stayed home and watched it. I even missed the highlights but wont tell you why as i don't want to post a McGhee like post

Clearly BossHogg does not know the difference between Queens Park and Queen of the South, which is why he posted that comment here, what makes it even worse is that he did this immediately after Muirkirk`s similar gaff.

Well dhense thought we were playing qpr at 9.00pm ! Haha

Clearly BossHogg does not know the difference between Queens Park and Queen of the South, which is why he posted that comment here, what makes it even worse is that he did this immediately after Muirkirk`s similar gaff.

Ah, that makes sense. I missed that at the time.

He's not the first ignorant OF roaster to make that mistake and won't be the last. I remember being mocked by a Celtic fan when I lived in Glasgow, because Queens Park happened to be losing at half-time one Saturday. I was genuinely baffled until I was able to tap into the idiotic mind set.

Archived