Rangers v Queen of the South

Hypothetical situation SD & just to be awkward, what would have been the outcome if a season ticket holder turned up with his/her voucher just before 1pm, joined the queue thinking it was still for season ticket holders, only to find that all the tickets had gone in general sale. Announcing late changes to the sale conditions online is ok only if everyone knows to look there. Just asking like.

There was no queue at all at that point. The decision would have been made in the knowledge that your hypothetical scenario was not going to unfold.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were put on general sale about 11:30 with no queues remaining and hundreds of tickets in hand. Clearly it would have been ridiculous to make people arriving early to queue wait until 1pm in the circumstances.

We announced it online at the time.

Hypothetical situation SD & just to be awkward, what would have been the outcome if a season ticket holder turned up with his/her voucher just before 1pm, joined the queue thinking it was still for season ticket holders, only to find that all the tickets had gone in general sale. Announcing late changes to the sale conditions online is ok only if everyone knows to look there. Just asking like.

I refer you to the answer already given.

This wasn't a close thing. We still had several hundred tickets left at the time and not a single person queueing. Hypothetically, had hundreds of non-season ticket holders appeared early and bought up most of the tickets before 1pm we'd have held some back for any potential season ticket holders turning up or calling before 1pm. We never remotely got to the point of considering how many.

As I said it would have been truly ridiculous for us to sit and look at a pile of tickets and make people without season tickets remain outside for an hour and a half to buy them.

I refer you to the answer already given.

This wasn't a close thing. We still had several hundred tickets left at the time and not a single person queueing. Hypothetically, had hundreds of non-season ticket holders appeared early and bought up most of the tickets before 1pm we'd have held some back for any potential season ticket holders turning up or calling before 1pm. We never remotely got to the point of considering how many.

As I said it would have been truly ridiculous for us to sit and look at a pile of tickets and make people without season tickets remain outside for an hour and a half to buy them.

Well said common sense prevails again, good job by the office staff today again, how many tickets are left?

As always, great service from all in the office at Palmerston this morning.

I arrived at 9.10am, joined the queue and with a sensible early opening I had my tickets and was away just before 10am.

Guest TOPFITTER

I arrived at 9.10am, joined the queue and with a sensible early opening I had my tickets and was away just before 10am.

Agree entirely MUSKYQOS

Good for you. I arrived just after 9:30am and was away with my ticket just after 10am. Great service as usual by all at the office but nothing whatsoever to do with my hypothetical question.

Eh don't want to sit amongst them. But ye very poor ticket allocation obviously they don't need our money.

Was it not a police decision?

Looking forward to this game. Is there any point talking about Mohsni? We all know that McCoist will start him if he manages to get through the game on Tuesday night without getting sent off. McCoist says he spoke to him after the Derby 'Friendly' and he would not stand for any more indiscretions yet stood back and watched him blooter the ball at an official who had given a 50/50 decision against him. Bombscare doesn't do him justice.

Clark and Boyd have to start and i would like to see him continue with Templeton. OK he was a nightmare on Saturday but is one of the few players who can turn a game in an instance.

Please not Steve O'Reilly...anybody but him.

Was it not a police decision?

Looking forward to this game. Is there any point talking about Mohsni? We all know that McCoist will start him if he manages to get through the game on Tuesday night without getting sent off. McCoist says he spoke to him after the Derby 'Friendly' and he would not stand for any more indiscretions yet stood back and watched him blooter the ball at an official who had given a 50/50 decision against him. Bombscare doesn't do him justice.

Clark and Boyd have to start and i would like to see him continue with Templeton. OK he was a nightmare on Saturday but is one of the few players who can turn a game in an instance.

Please not Steve O'Reilly...anybody but him.

Well lets hope he plays then!

I suppose Clark will be up for scoring against us.

Will there be a larger crowd than last Saturday?

No thanks wouldn't lower myself to give them lot money!

I thought the same but decided to go in the end. I was surprised on arrival to notice that the kind fans of the Blue Order & Union Bears realise that away fans don't want to give Rangers money and as a result, attempt to reimburse you whilst you watch the game.

We have too many bodies missing to stand much of a chance in this one I fear.

I won't be going for several reasons.

Mowing the lawn?

Washing your cat?

The annual Dumfries tiddlywinks tournament?

Watching 4 in a bed?

Shagging someone else' other half while they're at the game?

Do fill us in....

some people need there brains checked , hearts did wel to beat us but QOTS should be thankful to at least avoid a heavy defeat

5-1 to the gers

ill be back after the match to read about how the ref gave us the game.

Oh my, where to start!

I'm not too optimistic about this one either I'm afraid.

Our defence looks ok but we dont have anywhere near enough experience in midfield to win a game at Ibrox. I fear the 2 young boys in our central midfield, Mcshane and Dzierwzaski, will probably get the run around. Its really bad luck that most of our injury's are to experienced midfielders and there appears to be no chance of any of them injured being back in time.

Also, if we pick up any injuries during the game our subs bench has the same average age as the queue at the local sweetie shop.

Might beat you at Palmerston in the next match though when we have all our players back.

Archived