No voters - I'd like to scare you a little...

Confidemus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not many people have mentioned this but, if the status quo remains, does anyone realise the Tories have shut down 66% of the RAF bases in Scotland?

From next year, there will be only one base left. The Central Belt has lost RAF Leuchars, which was a Quick Reaction Alert base. Any intercepts of dodgy planes will now have to come from the north of Scotland (i.e. longer to intercept)

There's over 20 RAF bases in England.

To be honest a louder English voice is exactly what I want. I'd love an English parliament or regional parliaments in England.

Is there any apetite for that? The only vote ever held on the issue was a decisive No.

To be honest a louder English voice is exactly what I want. I'd love an English parliament or regional parliaments in England.

You're losing your touch Godzookie. How's your bird? She dumped your ass yet?

When I saw the title of the thread I had horrible visions of you posting a picture of your tadger for some reason (I still had a look though :lol: ), some rambling bampots wee pamphlet was a present relief.

I thought you didn't indulge in insults.

Funny that.

Feeling the heat?

Me too! If Scotland becomes independent then there will be an English parliament and they might possibly regionalise themselves if they want to. With the break up of the current UK then there will definitely be a much louder and more distinct English voice than there already is, as they are very likely to marginalise the Welsh and Northern Irish even further.

I am agreeing with your post as I see the subtlety of the point you're making about the effects of Independence and, gave you a greenie on that basis.

I make no apologies for indulging in a spot of Project Fear.

bottleflyer.jpg

4bn divided by our population of 5.29m is actually £756 per head .. just saying like !!

Talking about 'Bottle' is one of the major things that fucks me off about this vote, highlighting that it'd require bottle is like highlighting that there's a risk - there should be no risk about it - we should be told how it will be one way and how it will be the other and decide which would be better for us, our kids, and their kids - not just let's have a fucking punt !!

And this "feel lucky" comment is pretty much exactly what this vote is coming down to, we've no truths or hard facts to base our decision on, it's go it alone and let's see what happens - might be good, might be shite but hey ho we'll be shite on our own !!

It's actually getting on my tits now.

4bn divided by our population of 5.29m is actually £756 per head .. just saying like !!

Talking about 'Bottle' is one of the major things that fucks me off about this vote, highlighting that it'd require bottle is like highlighting that there's a risk - there should be no risk about it - we should be told how it will be one way and how it will be the other and decide which would be better for us, our kids, and their kids - not just let's have a fucking punt !!

And this "feel lucky" comment is pretty much exactly what this vote is coming down to, we've no truths or hard facts to base our decision on, it's go it alone and let's see what happens - might be good, might be shite but hey ho we'll be shite on our own !!

It's actually getting on my tits now.

Know what gets on my tits? People who scream for concrete facts.

There's never been an independent Scotland before. We can't fully know what it's like until we take the leap of faith. Mind you, it is an educated leap of faith. We have the people and resources to be one of the most succesful countries in the world.

And when you compare it to the utter shitstorm that is Westminster, it's a no contest for me.

No one can give you concrete facts. But to think we've failed before we've begun because of that saddens me.

If it's certainty you crave then don't vote, stay under your quilt and start panicking because you will never get certainty on ANYTHING in life.

Expecting certainty on future events is madness.

There's not a single person out there can give you certainty on anything.

If you want to actually live at all, life is uncertain from one minute to the next.

I could literally die any second. How do I live with such massive uncertainty?

By ignoring it and getting on with life as best as I can.

THAT is why making decisions every day is a lesson in judgment and courage.

The independence vote is not, cannot and should not be treated any differently.

Choose life.

Ooft ! I feel like giving you a wee rant about the life I've lived and the choices I've made but I'll settle for just pointing out that I'm fairly logical, reasoned and practical when it comes to making decisions, a General Election is fairly straight forward cause the policies are set in front of you and if they don't follow them up or they don't work you can vote the fuckers out in a few years,

There's no going back on this one, if it's a cluster f**k it's a cluster f**k and we're stuck with it - what facts do I have to use my reason and logic on ... pretty much f'ck all to be honest, I don't expect to know exactly how it will be but I'd like a more rigid blueprint for the future that I'm currently seeing.

Ooft ! I feel like giving you a wee rant about the life I've lived and the choices I've made but I'll settle for just pointing out that I'm fairly logical, reasoned and practical when it comes to making decisions, a General Election is fairly straight forward cause the policies are set in front of you and if they don't follow them up or they don't work you can vote the fuckers out in a few years,

There's no going back on this one, if it's a cluster f**k it's a cluster f**k and we're stuck with it - what facts do I have to use my reason and logic on ... pretty much f'ck all to be honest, I don't expect to know exactly how it will be but I'd like a more rigid blueprint for the future that I'm currently seeing.

You can't get a rigid blueprint! It's never happened before. This is a once in a lifetime event.

Even without oil and gas, we'll be the 14th richest country, compared to rUK's 17th.

We'll have no more House of Lords, no Trident, no HS1 & 2, no London Rail link and we can tackle austerity, bedroom tax and foodbanks.

Decisions concerning Scotland will be made in Scotland by Scots for Scots.

We also have 25% of the wind and wave power of Europe, allowing us to sell to Europe.

There are SO many reasons for voting Yes. Please read up a little on what this little country of ours can be. Whilst no one can give you guarantees, I have no reason to believe we will fail.

And I have a mortgage, a pension a wife and kids. Sometimes you just have to weigh up the risks and go for it.

Fab - how many billion barrels of resources do we have left ?

24. But, as I said, even without oil and gas we'll be the 14th richest country, compared to rUK's 17th.

Next question.

Archived