Lowland League Betting Game

Cicero

When I had time on my hands last week, I was dabbling around with Excel and came up with a programme that can calculate the winnings from the odds available on Lowland League matches.

Since some of us are not allowed to bet for real ;) I thought we could do a fixed odds type competition. Similar to the one that the junior forum had a couple of years back.

We all start with a set amount of money (say £200) and bet £10 per week on a minimum of a treble (all matches if you wish). £10 will be deducted from your total if one of your predictions is wrong, However the winnings will be added to the total if your treble (or more) comes up.

So you pick a minimum of three matches and say if it is going to be a Home win, Draw or an Away win. Here are this week's odds.

13 /8 BSC Glasgow 7/ 2 Preston Athletic 10/ 11

9/ 4 Gala Fairydean Rovers 4/ 1 Edinburgh City 8/ 13

8 /13 Spartans 4 /1 East Kilbride 9 /4

11/ 8 University of Stirling 16 /5 Dalbeattie Star 23/ 20

3/ 1 Vale of Leithen 9/ 2 Selkirk 4 /9

7/ 10 Whitehill Welfare 7/ 2 Gretna 2008 11/ 5

My ^bet^ will be

BSC Glasgow v Preston Home

Spartans v East Kilbride Draw

Vale v Selkirk Away

I will trial it this week and see if my software works.

We all start with a set amount of money (say £200) and bet £10 per week on a minimum of a treble (all matches if you wish). £10 will be deducted from your total if one of your predictions is wrong, However the winnings will be added to the total if your treble (or more) comes up.

So you pick a minimum of three matches and say if it is going to be a Home win, Draw or an Away win. Here are this week's odds.

Hi Cic,

I'm a bit brasic this week just before payday like, if I post my bank account details here will I be able to get a sub off my £200, in fact I'm so confident I will win this weekend how's about you let me take £500 out eh? Should in the unlikely event that I lose I'll pay it back in on payday pal.

Just give us the nod & I'll bang me bank numbers up so you can transfer the dosh, eh pal?

Grimbo

Archived