Morton Vs Alloa

Wasps1

Why would they be postponing his debut?

Because both clubs are still in this tournament and it could rule him out for the final on his return to Ibrox in the new year if he's cup tied having played for us in this tie and they get that far.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because both clubs are still in this tournament and it could rule him out for the final on his return to Ibrox in the new year if he's cup tied having played for us in this tie and they get that far.

We've got the SFL to blame for this one, with their insistence on playing the final 6 months after the semi for no good reason. That and the cup tied rule still existing when transfer windows and restrictions on the number of loans allowed make it pointless.

Moot point - by the time the final is played there probably won't be a The Rangers anymore, and if there is it could well be that the loaned out players will be first to have their contracts ripped up by administrators.

Morton: Caraux; Kilday, Crighton, Milojevic, Lamie; Miller; Pepper, Crawford, McKee; O'Ware, S. McCluskey.

Subs: Gaston, Allan, McNeil, Scullion, Hands, Russell.

Alloa: McDowall, Doyle, Docherty, Gordon, Meggatt, Simmons, Holmes, Cawley, Buchanan, McCord, Spence.

Subs: Couser (GK), Flannigan, Hetherington, Ferns, Tiffoney, Marr, Benedictus.

I think this is gonna be a 1-0 borefest, which could go either way. As shit as McManus was last week we could really use him for this game.

Hopefully the majority of the team has had a huge boot up the arse after the ludicrous display at forfar.

After that prediction any chance of the numbers for next weeks lottery?

Wasn't a vintage performance by any means but felt we deserved the win (just). We put on the pressure for a period in the 1st half and I feel if we had put one in before half time we would have seen out the game comfortably. However we were lucky in the 2nd half that Mortons sub missed a couple of sitters. Buchanan missed a peach of a chance as well for us and to be honest I'm just relieved McCord netted so that it never went to extra time! Hopefully get Stranrear in the semis.

Wasn't a vintage performance by any means but felt we deserved the win (just). We put on the pressure for a period in the 1st half and I feel if we had put one in before half time we would have seen out the game comfortably. However we were lucky in the 2nd half that Mortons sub missed a couple of sitters. Buchanan missed a peach of a chance as well for us and to be honest I'm just relieved McCord netted so that it never went to extra time! Hopefully get Stranrear in the semis.

Just don't make an arse of it.

First game of the season for me so first time seeing most of the players. Fairly even game with Morton maybe having the better first half and Alloa slightly edging the second.

Thought the back four were fairly solid if not spectacular. Decent in the air and hard in the tackle if a bit slow when the ball is played on the deck. Quite impressed with Crighton actually. The two full backs have been getting a bit of stick it seems but I thought they looked ok defensively albeit pretty poor going forward.

Thought Miller started off pretty well but lost hold of the game and was rightly subbed. The boy from Rangers had a few decent moments and Pepper looks a player but both faded a bit after having bright starts. Joe McKee was garbage from start to finish. Lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball in the first half, offered nothing going forward and generally looked lazy and disinterested throughout. Hands should have buried at least one of his chances.

Abundantly clear that we are in dire need of a decent centre forward. O'Ware gave a good account of himself and I really like him as a player but it's blatantly obvious that he's never a forward. Willing to give McCluskey the benefit of the doubt but from that showing he doesn't look good enough.

Fairly rotten game overall. Also Alloa's No. 3 has the girliest scream I have ever heard.

Great to be in the semi final. The two Challenge Cup finals we played in were excellent days out and it would be a nice wee bonus to get to a third. Not our best performance it would seem but these wins in the cups must be good for the team's confidence.

Pretty incredible that we have beaten Morton 5 times in a row and 3 of them at Cappielow. Have to say I have some sympathy for the Morton fans, with a ridiculous relegation followed by the appointment of Jim Duffy it must be a right slog going to the games at the moment.

Two poor teams, Alloa were as usual by now far better with the ball in midfield but gave us quite a few good chances to score; we returned the favour well before the winner. The basic set-piece defending for the goal - organised by Duffy - directly shows why he is a useless moron and needs to leave this once-proud football club immediately

Archived