Morton Vs Alloa

Wasps1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results fell away as soon as Tidser got injured, as he completely carried the midfield. Rae selling Tidser for a pittance last summer did for Moore, though he clearly made a dog's dinner of finding replacements with a clearly limited budget.

Morton this season are better than last. We have two decent goalkeepers and our backline line is pretty solid, much harder to break down than last season.

^^^ idiot found

We need to know whether McManus is available to play or is off (not) playing in a diddy international squad instead. If he's unavailable then we are stuffed.

^^^ idiot found

We need to know whether McManus is available to play or is off (not) playing in a diddy international squad instead. If he's unavailable then we are stuffed.

I would be stunned if he was available for Saturday. The Under 21s have games on Thursday (Slovakia) and Monday (Luxembourg), both away from home. Looks like a possible change in formation for Saturday then, or a front 2 of O'Ware and S. McCluskey.

I would be stunned if he was available for Saturday. The Under 21s have games on Thursday (Slovakia) and Monday (Luxembourg), both away from home. Looks like a possible change in formation for Saturday then, or a front 2 of O'Ware and S. McCluskey.

Which is why international football is a load of shite and should be scrapped.

Barry has a bit of a dilemma on his hands now I'd say but it's a good one to have does he bring Gibson back in if fit or does he stick with McDowall after the Hibs result be intresting to see what he does also regarding Benedictus but I'd imagine he will probably be on the bench.

I think the game is too close to call.

Apart from the loss of Bain, which is a big one, we have strengthened the squad and the first eleven.

In particular we are more dangerous in the final third where Spence and Buchanan have been an effective partnership. Despite Greig's 8 (eight) goals so far (including 6 in 3 games against lower league opposition) Liam has been at least as impressive.

Looking forward to seeing how Morton compare to last year.

With McManus away with the under-21s and Barrowman still injured we're going to struggle to score, while it's hard to see us keeping a clean sheet if the defence is unchanged. Hopefully the midfield can compensate for having nothing up front, but they won't be able to do that if they're just watching the ball being punted over their heads and out for goal kicks.

With McManus away with the under-21s and Barrowman still injured we're going to struggle to score, while it's hard to see us keeping a clean sheet if the defence is unchanged. Hopefully the midfield can compensate for having nothing up front, but they won't be able to do that if they're just watching the ball being punted over their heads and out for goal kicks.

Barrowman was back in training last week so hopefully we see him this week or next.

Archived