Morton Vs Alloa

Wasps1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both sides will be thinking they can win this one !!!

very insightful match preview!

In all seriousness I fancy Alloa's chances Spence has been banging them in this cup and Alloa have pulled out good results so far minus the two league games. Not seen Morton since the last time they played Alloa but from posts on this and other websites they are getting no better. Would have rather had East Fife but nonetheless a winnable game if the team are in the right frame of mind.

very insightful match preview!

In all seriousness I fancy Alloa's chances Spence has been banging them in this cup and Alloa have pulled out good results so far minus the two league games. Not seen Morton since the last time they played Alloa but from posts on this and other websites they are getting no better. Would have rather had East Fife but nonetheless a winnable game if the team are in the right frame of mind.

Stirling - a new league 1 side just been promoted from league 2

Arbroath - a new league 2 side just been relegated from league 1.

You can hardly compare they two teams to Morton..?

Morton this season are better than last. We have two decent goalkeepers and our backline line is pretty solid, much harder to break down than last season. Declan McManus has already scored 5 in three games and will be up for showing Alloa he is better than they saw last season. We are far from the finished article, especially in central midfield, but I expect us to give Alloa a good game, especially at Cappielow

We've been hot and cold so far this year with a honking performance against Ayr in the league then a very good one against Stranraer a week later albeit they were playing with 10 men most of the game but we were still in control when it was 11v11.

We only scraped through against Berwick & they could have easily had us beaten in the second half but as the game went on they tired and a wonderful hat-trick from Declan McManus won us the game in extra time. That's him scored 5 goals in 3 games now and if he keeps going at this rate I wouldn't see past us giving Alloa a good game.

As mentioned above Duffy has built a solid defence and Milojevic & Crichton look like a good partnership & seem difficult to break down - well against opposition in the same league or lower leagues. We'll see how they cope against a Championship side.

Morton 1-0 Alloa. McManus to score in the last few minutes and go and celebrate in front of a horrible away support :D

Stirling - a new league 1 side just been promoted from league 2

Arbroath - a new league 2 side just been relegated from league 1.

You can hardly compare they two teams to Morton..?

Care to explain how I compared them to Morton?

Cool your jets tea lady: there is absolutely nothing to suggest we are actually better than last season; just playing against pub teams.

We are one or two players away from being a side that should be in contention for the title. Even without one or maybe two decent central midfielders we will be play off contenders and still in my opinion, better than last year's omnishambles. If we were playing Alloa this season four times, I would be very unhappy with four defeats as happened last season. I would assess the team as follows:

Goal: two decent goallies

Back line: solid with plenty of options

Wide players: OK with options

Central midfield: weak - Pepper looks OK but we have had nothing from Hands and McKee so far and Miller looks like a defender playing in midfield

Strikers: McManus looks the business and we have Barrowman who has a decent track record at this level. Might be an interesting partnership!

I would expect Alloa to be in contention for relegation either directly or through the play offs (unless the very real possibility of The Rangers going bust again comes to pass) and so if we are to be looking for promotion, we should be able to demonstrate we can beat that level of side. (with as little disrespect to Alloa as I can manage in making such a statement!)

We are one or two players away from being a side that should be in contention for the title. Even without one or maybe two decent central midfielders we will be play off contenders and still in my opinion, better than last year's omnishambles. If we were playing Alloa this season four times, I would be very unhappy with four defeats as happened last season. I would assess the team as follows:

Goal: two decent goallies

Back line: solid with plenty of options

Wide players: OK with options

Central midfield: weak - Pepper looks OK but we have had nothing from Hands and McKee so far and Miller looks like a defender playing in midfield

Strikers: McManus looks the business and we have Barrowman who has a decent track record at this level. Might be an interesting partnership!

I would expect Alloa to be in contention for relegation either directly or through the play offs (unless the very real possibility of The Rangers going bust again comes to pass) and so if we are to be looking for promotion, we should be able to demonstrate we can beat that level of side. (with as little disrespect to Alloa as I can manage in making such a statement!)

If you threw our current squad of League One 'play-off contenders' into the Championship I have no doubts that they'd struggle every bit as much as our squad(s) did last year.

Better man manager than Moore . Morton where a shambles under moore . We didnt lose a game under Hartley vs Morton

Moore was only in charge for one of our four defeats against alloa last season, Hopkin for another, and Shiels for the final 2.

For the record, Morton beat Alloa 3-0 under Moore in the League Cup just after Hartley took over at Alloa.

If you threw our current squad of League One 'play-off contenders' into the Championship I have no doubts that they'd struggle every bit as much as our squad(s) did last year.

Agreed. The tea lady is as usual getting ahead of himself, on the basis of one convincing performance against ten/nine men. The rest of the season's results have been far from impressive and do not suggest a promotion challenge is actually on the cards.

Moore was only in charge for one of our four defeats against alloa last season, Hopkin for another, and Shiels for the final 2.

For the record, Morton beat Alloa 3-0 under Moore in the League Cup just after Hartley took over at Alloa.[/

God that long ago couldnt mind about that one sorry dude

Morton were far from a shambles most of Moore's reign.

It was obvious even when we finished second that we had serious problems with Moore as manager. With a better manager, that side could have put up an actual sustained challenge.

It was obvious even when we finished second that we had serious problems with Moore as manager. With a better manager, that side could have put up an actual sustained challenge.

Did that side not put up a sustained challenge? Actual or otherwise?

Archived