October 11th Fixtures

Cicero

It has just occurred that there is a full Lowland League fixture card that day. It is also the date for the the Scotland v Georgia European qualifying match at Ibrox. I would like to be at our match in Gala but I also want to go to the Scotland match. There must be others in my position whether they be supporters, players or club officials.

Early kick-offs are fine but a Scotland Match but is normally a chance for me to get together with old mates from around the country and we usually make a day of it.

Thoughts

The official fixture list says that clubs are free to rearrange the kick off times ( and days) to be in Friday, early Saturday or Sunday I believe.

I think there should be more Friday night fixtures spread out throughout season. Usually get big crowds aswell

I think there should be more Friday night fixtures spread out throughout season. Usually get big crowds aswell

Just so happens that all the home teams due to play that weekend have lights.

Well done to the fixture secretary in having the foresight to take that into account.

We're playing Threave away that day according to the fixture list. Tbh the only national team I bother with these days is the Scotland Women's team so I don't care if we kick off that Saturday at 3pm but if it's a Friday evening job then so be it.

Just so happens that all the home teams due to play that weekend have lights.

Well done to the fixture secretary in having the foresight to take that into account.

Bumped into him at Duns v Eyemouth last night and this came up in conversation ... he's certainly on the ball!

Haven't missed a home qualifier in 10 years so I'll only be at the WW game if it's moved. Am I right in saying this could be Scottish Cup Round 2 replay weekend?

Bumped into him at Duns v Eyemouth last night and this came up in conversation ... he's certainly on the ball!

Haven't missed a home qualifier in 10 years so I'll only be at the WW game if it's moved. Am I right in saying this could be Scottish Cup Round 2 replay weekend?

I will be missing first home qualifier in over 10 years as not paying price SFA are looking for. Hopping some teams will keep 3pm kick offs.

You are correct on the replays.

I will be missing first home qualifier in over 10 years as not paying price SFA are looking for. Hopping some teams will keep 3pm kick offs.You are correct on the replays.

Was in two minds with this one but as its a Saturday decided to cough up the going rate.

Like cic says a chance to meet up wi friends haven't seen in long time.

Off to Poland for the Tuesday match so hope the students bear this in mind :D

Would've thought stirling had no option regarding being at home on this date as the Albion must be away so maybes luck that this fixture could be played under the lights.

would the fixtures have to be played over that weekend ?

As rab says Scots cup replays surely the sfa wouldn't have them on an international day ?

I know from the NLM groundhoppers forum that all the SOS League games are on the Friday. And 1 SPFL game so far has gone to a lunchtime kickoff on the Saturday.

In the later 2000s almost all the EOS and HL games would go to Friday night: that approached its peak during Euro 2008 qualifying when Ukraine refused the collective fixtures, they were done by UEFA draw and all of Scotland's home games were Saturday 3pms. However the last few years the internationals have been Friday/Tuesday, and now under the "Week of Football" scheme there will still only be 1 or 2 home Saturday qualifiers every 2 seasons.

My guess is there will endup a mixture of no change, Saturday lunchtime and Friday night. With it being a 5pm some clubs might think they're as well to go ahead at 3pm then anticipate people staying behind to watch the international in their social clubs straight after FT.

I would be surprised if the SFA put any replays off. They are usually pretty rigorous in ensuring that the rulebook is followed. By R2 there are a number of SPFL clubs involved, anyway, and they often prefer to play their replays midweek.

Archived