Robbie Winters

RobRoyGuy

Like most people i was shocked when saw Winters had went to Rossvale , read he actually had some kind of trial or was training with pollok but nothing came of it.

Read the article a few days ago and seems he is big pals with the rossvale manager so fair play to the guy for turning out for his pal he must be about 39 or 40 now. Actually liked him as a player years ago for aberdeen never though he would be turning out for a new junior club in the bottom tier.

Rossvale could be worth watching this year got winters , fraser team , guy ardalanny ex arthurlie , guy Nisanju looks a handful also .

Story goes winters wasn't hasn't been registered properly , re instatement from his last senior club , not sure the ins and outs of that but rossvale should check these kind of things up don't want an admin error to come back and haunt them .

Robbie gave me my worst ever doing in a match when I was with Dumbarton in an 8-0 win for Dundee utd at Tannadice. His pace and directness were frightening and I really thought he'd go onto much bigger and better things. We both would have been about 22 at the time!

Robbie gave me my worst ever doing in a match when I was with Dumbarton in an 8-0 win for Dundee utd at Tannadice. His pace and directness were frightening and I really thought he'd go onto much bigger and better things. We both would have been about 22 at the time!

. Was Dumbarton's goalkeeper a young 15 year old that day ???

. Was Dumbarton's goalkeeper a young 15 year old that day ???

Haha it was a young Peter Dennistoun in goal that day and was pretty shellshocked after it , but in fairness to him our whole team had a shocker defensively and they looked like scoring everytime they went up the park , mainly due to Winters going by me for fun as if I wasn't there!! what made the scoreline worse was we had beaten them in our home game at Boghead 1-0 earlier in the season!

After that game I kept an eye on him as he was by far the best right sided player I had seen in the first division and I really expected him to get a big money move so to hear he is now playing lower league juniors is suprise , no matter his age!

Who did he play with in Norway was it brann bergen? Scored two goals against us last week will run riot in that league and be great for the younger guys to play alongside. Interesting to see how long he stays at the Vale.

Archived