Rovers v Fifers

So with the Rovers' optimists taking many positives from the 3 consecutive defeats we've just endured, how do we preview this one? I don't think Young, nor any of us, knows what our best starting eleven is and with McGuigan out there'll need to be changes. Off the park difficulties seem to be hampering EF - what do we all think?

Sorry lads but nothing to report other than me being deliberately facetious and joining the massed ranks of the cynical. If you can't beat 'em...

losing on pens to a Championship side and two narrow away defeats to Arbroath and Stranraer doesn't give me too much cause for concern at this stage. By all accounts the team are battling and probably still to find the best formation especially in a loaded midfield.

League business must be the priority this season so getting back on the rails with a win at Home this weekend is crucial.

Must make Cliftonhill an intimidating place for visiting teams

Hoping a good win at Brora will kick start the season. Don't think Gary's quite got his team sorted yet but he'll be getting closer by the game, and this may be the game that it clicks into place. But that's me being too optimistic so we'll lose by a goal, or it will be a boring 0-0.

losing on pens to a Championship side and two narrow away defeats to Arbroath and Stranraer doesn't give me too much cause for concern at this stage. By all accounts the team are battling and probably still to find the best formation especially in a loaded midfield.

League business must be the priority this season so getting back on the rails with a win at Home this weekend is crucial.

Must make Cliftonhill an intimidating place for visiting teams

i came away from the Livingston game feeling quite positively (although they weren't very good and were there for the taking that day.). I felt we chucked a point away on Saturday and gave Arbroath two. A team with championship ambitions needs to grind results out and that's what we failed to do. Similarly: if we aspire to play in Stranraer's league then a defeat is disappointing. (Stranraer are surely the country's best over-achieving club and one from whom we could take a lesson.)

Very early in the season but to show title form we must be looking for a win in this one on Saturday.

What's happening with Scott Chaplin? Can't believe he can't even get a place on the Albion bench these days.

He was absent for the start-of-season cup ties - his work involved the Commonwealth Games (whatever they are.) Don't know if he missed pre-season training, but, like you, I don't think the Rovers have 16 better outfield players than Chappie.

Don't think we took the Petrofac cup game against Stranraer too seriously - otherwise both JG and DY would have started. It was only when JG came on that we looked like getting back into it and of course he won and converted a pen.

Agree we need to win tomorrow if we are serious about competing at the top end of tis league.

On JG loving to score against EF - well he loves to score against anyone really! He used to wind us up when he scored against us in his Cowden days :)

Great result and very good first half performance, with a perhaps understandably flat second half. McGuigan being out meant a more defensive formation, and I thought Jamie Pollock did very well in beside Darren Young in a 4-2-3-1. Star man was probably Garry Phillips for me, but young Turnbull at left back was excellent again. It would be harsh to criticise anyone though.

East Fife were poor, but we can only beat what is put in front of us. Keep winning our home games and let's see where that takes us :)

Well deserved 3 points. Darren Young was fantastic today and deserved MOTM. He has got better every week and calms our lads down looking for a pass and also making some great tackles. We were more balanced with Young and Pollock in the middle of the park. Pollock is very clever and knows when to go and when to sit compared to our other centre mids who go rushing up the park without any care of what's behind them.

Big Beast and love up top are a good pairing and hope to see them more together as season goes on.

Defensively we looked shaky at crosses into the box which I'm sure against better strikers could have conceded a few goals today.

Onto next week now, another home game which we need to win...

Another efficient home win- long live Fortress Cliftonhill.

4-2-3-1 suited the team well- the five man midfield held our opponents up and kept them out. Our worst performer, completing his 510th minute of the season, was probably Darren Young- Jamie Pollock outplayed him, bailed him out and carried him through much of the game. I hope the manager doesn't consider himself a key player, he has plenty of options on the bench (and in the stand).

Our goals were great finishes from good left-footed deliveries- I'm noticing a trend. Kyle Turnbull is too good for this league, really. All of the back four were suitably solid- two clumsy bookings and a few slips up here and there but on the whole each of them played well. Parry dealt with everything, a bit dodgy off his line but he kept a clean sheet.

A word on our ref, Gavin Ross- from Sammy Conn's minute's applause to an insane SIX minutes added time he had an unusually high number of howlers. There are better refs in the youths and Juniors.

Archived