Queens Park v Arbroath

After a good win against Albion Rovers we go into the game against QP with confidence.

I imagine Little and Johnstone will be back fit for this one which is a boost but not to sure id change much from Saturday even then.

Crawford

Whatley

Ali-El Zoubhadi

Little

Travis

Linn

Nicoll

Hunter

McBride

Buchan

McManus

Is the team I'd play, impressed with Zoubhadi on first viewing so would be good to see him again to see if he's the real deal. Whatley has also been a great bit of luck by having to play him at left back.

Taken Stewart out and put big Nicoll back centre mid as I feel him and Hunter will be good in there.

Looking forward to this.

How's Queens Park looking?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're getting better every week. We've only had three competitive matches with what is essentially a completely new starting line up. There's a bit of shape to us and we're a million miles better than the side that struggled desperately last year...which wouldn't be hard, right enough. What's pleasing is that we have what I reckon is a reasonable bit of talent on the bench too. We will be competitive this year and the addition of more experienced players will allow Gus to bring in the youth lads gradually rather than flinging them in, as we had to do last year, which didn't do anyone any good.

Looking forward to this trip and hopefully we will be going back to the same boozer in Airdrie as last time.....lovely place.

Really should be picking up a win here. Whatley in the middle with Hunter and Johnstone to left back would be my change. Hopefully Shagger can continue his decent goal scoring start to the season.

Looking forward to this, erase some bad memories of airdrie. Noticed banjo on the SPFL site, said he wants a full time club?not sure of anyone who'd take him tbh.

From reading the article last week, it would appear David Banjo felt he could get a full time club off the back of his performances for us. I'm not quite sure how he felt playing week in week out in one of the shittest defences in League 1 would secure him a move to a full time club in a higher division..... I don't expect him to pick up another club in the scottish leagues in all honesty.

Looking forward to this trip and hopefully we will be going back to the same boozer in Airdrie as last time.....lovely place.

Really should be picking up a win here. Whatley in the middle with Hunter and Johnstone to left back would be my change. Hopefully Shagger can continue his decent goal scoring start to the season.

Exactly the attitude that I'm hoping that most teams come in with. A good result for us on Saturday and competitive performances against teams who you would expect to be near the top end of the table in the other games. Hopeful that we can take something from this one as well.

Looking forward to giving the league leaders a good game. Much more streetwise look about the side compared with last, and the win at Annan will have given a confidence boost after being robbed against Berwick by the ref/linesman incompetence and then switching off in the last minute against Sevco EK.

Exactly the attitude that I'm hoping that most teams come in with. A good result for us on Saturday and competitive performances against teams who you would expect to be near the top end of the table in the other games. Hopeful that we can take something from this one as well.

What were your expectations coming into this season?

From reading the article last week, it would appear David Banjo felt he could get a full time club off the back of his performances for us. I'm not quite sure how he felt playing week in week out in one of the shittest defences in League 1 would secure him a move to a full time club in a higher division..... I don't expect him to pick up another club in the scottish leagues in all honesty.

I thought he'd rejected it to go back down south tbh, if he doesn't get a club id take him back, versatile player.

I think 6th would be a decent outcome - sufficiently far enough up the table to keep clear of an end of season match v Brora, but not high enough to have other clubs interested in taking our players. I believe the squad that Gus has assembled has a lot of potential, and 6th would provide a great platform for the following season. I suspect that the gap between 4th and 8th will be very narrow though, and that there will be an almighty scramble between several sides to grab a play-off place right at the end.

Shipped goals for fun until Gus came so its encouraging that things have tightened up in that department. Need to be more clinical up front. It was encouraging to see chances being created at Annan and a goal threat from various positions. Last season we relied on Spittal first half of the season and then Brophy second half. Good to get our first win after last season having to wait until a cold winter Tuesday night up at the Mo to record the first of IIRC only 5 league wins.

Montrose Away

Clyde Away

Elgin Home

Albion Home

Shire Away

Archived