Dundee United vs Ross County - 24/08/14

Adams is good at completely losing all grip on reality from time to time. More possession, more shots, three times as many efforts on target, 6 more corners and yet we 'stole it' from County? Delusional.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Adams reckons Dundee United were second best, it was County's best performance of the season and it was daylight robbery. Adams name checking his players that cost them the game.

His head is gone.

That interview even by his standards was embarrassing. He said that he'd has been delighted by all of our performances so far this season which beggars belief. Also annoyed by the aurora of invincibility that he gives off, despite what he says there is only so much of this shit Roy will take

Ross county were about the only team in the league we would have beaten today. We were poor they were dreadful.

Having said they had two sitters that they missed and could have been up the road with three points.

Bilate's positional play was dreadful. He is unfit so I'll let it slide this time. We really miss Armstrong.

Derek Adams reckons Dundee United were second best, it was County's best performance of the season and it was daylight robbery. Adams name checking his players that cost them the game.

His head is gone.

Adams is good at completely losing all grip on reality from time to time. More possession, more shots, three times as many efforts on target, 6 more corners and yet we 'stole it' from County? Delusional.

This is what he does. Why people continue to take his comments at face value, I've no idea.

What Derek Adams thinks in private and what Derek Adams says in public are two very different things.

His head is gone.

He thinks he's Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho with his "mindgames". It's very tedious.

Bilate is best described as languid atm, good touch but needs match sharpness.

Poor defending for the County goal letting their number 9 in at the back post, Townsend was at fault for that. Townsend also appear pretty shite at tracking back for a full back, he's decent going forward and can actually defend he just never seemed to run back quick enough, second half GMS was getting back quicker than him.

Had a wee laugh at the radio driving home there. His post game interviews are always comedy gold. If that was County in complete control in the 2nd half then i'd be very, very worried about this season if I was a County fan. The guy is obviously away with the fairies.

This is what he does. Why people continue to take his comments at face value, I've no idea.

What Derek Adams thinks in private and what Derek Adams says in public are two very different things.

Problem for him is the fact more and more County fans are getting annoyed with it all, and he'd probably garner more support if he was just honest and admitted a mistake or two. Thats my view, from the outside looking in, might be completely wrong mind you

Our composure in front of goal was shocking today. I'm glad Ciftci got himself a goal, and he took it well, but he was infuriating to watch again today. Dow was doing well in the first half in putting pressure on County and helping win us the ball further up the pitch but didn't do a lot of good in the second half. GMS got himself into great positions but was a little too wasteful.

Paton and Rankin did their job today for the most part but there were a couple of times when they seemed over-zealous in chasing the ball down (understandable I suppose after last week) and left the defence exposed but we got away with it.

Erskine's attitude since coming back from Thistle on loan has been superb and I'm delighted for him to get the winner. Absolute cracker of a strike for the goal, the guy sitting behind me was already cheering before it hit the back of the net.

Bilate is best described as languid atm, good touch but needs match sharpness.

Poor defending for the County goal letting their number 9 in at the back post, Townsend was at fault for that. Townsend also appear pretty shite at tracking back for a full back, he's decent going forward and can actually defend he just never seemed to run back quick enough, second half GMS was getting back quicker than him.

Disagree with you about Townsend. Thought he was fantastic today, he had just burst himself with 2 brilliant runs forward so was a it slower getting back.

I think Ross County are really going to struggle, really look a team short on quality and a first XI.

We deserved the win today but only because County were worse than us! They also missed two golden opportunities.

I can't understand why McNamara waited so long with the subbies, Bilate looked shattered after 60 minutes; not a criticism of him, he needs to build game time.

Good to see Erskine getting a goal. I have been a critic of his but will be delighted to be proven wrong.

Views from Adams after the game; I can tell why he gets under people's skin.

"We were in total command of the game," Adams told BBC Radio Scotland following the 2-1 defeat.

"They've stolen the three points off us today and that's been the story of our season so far."

"We've had two open goals in the second half that we haven't taken at 1-1," explained Adams.

"I thought in the first half we started really well. Dundee United scored against the run of the play and we should have defended the free-kick better.

"It was man-for-man and Ciftci scored.

"Performance-wise I thought we were excellent. We took the game to Dundee United and caused them all sorts of problems.

"I thought Dundee United were there to be beaten. I looked at the way we passed the ball, we created openings down the side into the front areas.

"Overall I'm delighted with the performance, the second half especially. It's our best performance of the season.

"The first goal is [scott] Boyd's fault - he should be marking Ciftci. The second goal is [goalkeeper Antonio] Reguero's. They know that.

"We've made two individual errors there, but over the game we've competed with a very good Dundee United side."

And he added: "I've been under pressure for seven years. Every day you get up in the morning you're under pressure.

"You look at the way we played today, we're great going forward. Okay we've made mistakes but Dundee United are a decent outfit."

The only thing I'd disagree with is his statement.

Listened to him on the radio as well,what a horrible little c**t that Adams is.

He's a shitebag of the highest order Biggie. When we beat them, he claimed they were " the better team" The fact is that seems to be his stock answer when they lose.. The good news he will take them down long before uncle Roy even thinks about pulling the trigger..

He's a shitebag of the highest order Biggie. When we beat them, he claimed they were " the better team" The fact is that seems to be his stock answer when they lose.. The good news he will take them down long before uncle Roy even thinks about pulling the trigger..

I wasn't at the game today, but listened to his interview on the radio & in true P&B style he sounded rattled. Naming players at fault is not good for the dressing room surely?

Oh Derek ????

That is mental chat. County did have very good chances but as poor as we were, we carving county open at will at points in that game and had half a dozen very poor final balls played from inside the box and a few shots a foot wide or just drifting into the side netting.

Archived