Stranraer v Albion Rovers

Clayhole Blue

Can be seen as an ideal opportunity for us to put Saturday's shambles behind us, although I'm slightly dubious about what team we'll field. Presume that Mitchell will be suspended but Fahey looked dreadful after he came on to replace him at Cappielow. On the other hand Barry Russell should be available as his sending off was for two yellows - however I wouldn't want to see him play after his costly display yesterday.

We still look very short on options - by my reckoning we need additional goalkeeping cover, another striker, and, until both Tiff and Bell are fully available our midfield will be lacking options too.

Suspect our motivation will need to be good ahead of this one which presents us (and Rovers) with a decent opportunity to progress.

Mark McGuigan has been discharged from hospital with damaged tendons on his spine after a horror clash during tonight’s Petrofac Training Cup defeat to Stranraer.

The forward suffered a knee in his head in an innocuous challenge during the match and after lengthy treatment on the park from physio Kenny Crichton was taken to hospital.

We are pleased to report Mark is now on his way home after being checked over at Accident and Emergency.

A decision will be made later in the week on his availability for this weekend.

From Rovers website

That's good news.

Really enjoyed the game last night and it could have been 5-4 with all the chances both sides had.

Every time I see Neil Parry play I'm convinced the guy could play at higher level. He was outstanding last night. Good to see Chris Aitken back to his best too after his long lay-off.

I have to say I thought Stranraer were worth their victory last night; they were just that wee bit sharper and could have had us out of sight at half time. I don't think our manager has quite settled on his strongest team yet, but I'd suggest that last night provided another indication that Ally Love and Josh Mullin should both be in it.

Every time I see Neil Parry play I'm convinced the guy could play at higher level. He was outstanding last night. Good to see Chris Aitken back to his best too after his long lay-off.

That's interesting as I don't know many Rovers fans who are quite as taken with him. He has improved this season but doubts over both kicking and domination of his box remain. He has a long distance to go to catch Derek Gaston; we were utterly spoiled having big Del in goals.

On behalf of everyone at Stranraer we are pleased to hear that Mark McGuigan appears not to be too seriously injured. Hopefully he will be back in action very soon.

... and kudos to Stranraer too for their response to Mark's injury; all hands were immediately on deck, as they should be.

That's interesting as I don't know many Rovers fans who are quite as taken with him. He has improved this season but doubts over both kicking and domination of his box remain. He has a long distance to go to catch Derek Gaston; we were utterly spoiled having big Del in goals.[/quote

You guys watch him week-in and week-out whereas I only see him sporadically but maybe he saves his better performances when I see Rovers.

He pulled two great saves against Livi when I saw you guys a few weeks and he was impressive every time I saw him playing for Queen's.

Archived