Inverness CT vs Celtic - 23/08/14

Caley are top of the table after the opening week of fixtures and host our bhoys next week

Hopefully by then we will have a new striker of decent pedigree on the books

Fancy a few goals here on what is a very wide pitch that will hopefuly suit our game of using two wingers

3-1 to the hoops :P

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caley are top of the table after the opening week of fixtures and host our bhoys next week

Hopefully by then we will have a new striker of decent pedigree on the books

Fancy a few goals here on what is a very wide pitch that will hopefuly suit our game of using two wingers

3-1 to the hoops :P

I would have thought you would be concerning yourself more with the vital game against Maribor than this game.

I would have thought you would be concerning yourself more with the vital game against Maribor than this game.

Thats what the Celtic european campaign thread on the Europe sub forum is for, this is the league sub forum hence the match thread

Previous poster mentioned Jason Denayar, took his goal well yesterday, some finish for a centre half it was, nearly cost us a goal a few minutes later though with a terrible passback, after that he did quite well although Dundee United were, im sure they and their fans would acknowledge fucking woeful so a bit early to judge him.

But in my opinion an improvement on Efe Bombscare Ambrose, he started as well yesterday and was clanger free but I think that was only due to Mathews being injured in the warm up.

Brill hasn't really had much to do this season. Certainly in the first 2 games. Wasn't at Fir Park on Saturday so I'm only going by the Alba highlights.

The Celtic roadshow will continue with a 4-0 victory.

canter.

There's a number of factors that will determine how Celtic perform, key to a Celtic win will be how quickly your team settle due to this fixture being the fixture filling in the Maribor sandwich and the way we play, I full expect us to play deeper than our first three games compete in the midfield and break quickly but without over reaching, we will gain confidence if Celtic show any sign of weakness in the first stage of the game. We are not Dundee Utd and have a more patient and cautious style of play and are comfortable moving the ball around even in tight areas so don't expect us to come out all guns blazing hoping to rattle you. But with the CL qualifier in your mind and this is just a mere league fixture, who's going to take it more seriously your players or ours?.

I fully expect Celtic's game plan will be to try and control the midfield and give our midfield and defenders little time on the ball to force errors. Failing that and Celtic find themselves either being matched or if they are struggling, sure they will look to some help from the officials.

Top of the table clash and title decider already :lol: I can see a scudding in this depending on which Celtic squad shows up. Either another great result for Celtic or an embarrassing pumping off of ICT.

There's a number of factors that will determine how Celtic perform, key to a Celtic win will be how quickly your team settle due to this fixture being the fixture filling in the Maribor sandwich and the way we play, I full expect us to play deeper than our first three games compete in the midfield and break quickly but without over reaching, we will gain confidence if Celtic show any sign of weakness in the first stage of the game. We are not Dundee Utd and have a more patient and cautious style of play and are comfortable moving the ball around even in tight areas so don't expect us to come out all guns blazing hoping to rattle you. But with the CL qualifier in your mind and this is just a mere league fixture, who's going to take it more seriously your players or ours?.

I fully expect Celtic's game plan will be to try and control the midfield and give our midfield and defenders little time on the ball to force errors. Failing that and Celtic find themselves either being matched or if they are struggling, sure they will look to some help from the officials.

David you could have big hamish from the ICT pie stall reffing the game, wont make a blind bit of difference

4-0 easy peasy

next please.

Archived