Rangers v Scotlands Original Champions

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it going to be like this all season? I thought last season was a pain in the bahookie with Ayr and Dunfermline fans moaning about everything but these Dumbartoners take the effing biscuit.

F**king orange order scarves ffs, where do you even start with that....

I do occasionally wonder just how it is that friends of mine can support Rangers in good conscience. I simply could not continue to go along to Dumbarton games if our fans were into loyalism, sectarianism etc etc. For example, my mates Dave2_5_8 and KnightswoodBear of this very forum are two intelligent and well-meaning people, so to imagine them sitting amongst all those Orange Order scarves etc just baffles me. How does one separate the bullshit from the football in such a way as to reconcile the situation sufficiently to yourself to allow you to watch the team? It'd be impossible for me. Maybe that's a reflection of me, and fair enough if that's the case, but I just couldn't put up with it and would have to disassociate myself from the club as a result.

When I was at the Clyde game a guy (who I spoke to and had a normal conversation with about Jon Daly) was wearing an orange scarf with '1690 we will never forget' written on it. Bizarre.

Is it going to be like this all season? I thought last season was a pain in the bahookie with Ayr and Dunfermline fans moaning about everything but these Dumbartoners take the effing biscuit.

51pDEjM7KcL._SL500_.jpg

Some rangers fans give their team a bad name as do the other half of the OF, I would say it is a minority and the idiots that were there to antagonise us away fans on Saturday just embarrassed and disgraced themselves. Nothing wrong with friendly banter at football but I can't for the life of me see the fun in paying to go to a game and just hurl vile abuse and throw objects at away fans, who have no interest at all in what goes on at Ibrox, rather than watching the game they paid to see. At the end of the day, if all away fans boycotted Ibrox that would be a substanstial sum of money that rangers would lose out on and maybe then the powers that be may take heed! I would say let's just let the clowns that support them get on with defending the idiotic fans that follow them and we will get on with supporting our financially secure, friendly club!

Considering we only have to visit your hell hole twice this season (1 of which has now passed) then na only for the new year 'derby' match should we once again be pelted with coins by pubeless, brain dead, wannabe 'ultras'.

Sweep, sweep, sweep benny bhoy.

Considering we only have to visit your hell hole twice this season (1 of which has now passed) then na only for the new year 'derby' match should we once again be pelted with coins by pubeless, brain dead, wannabe 'ultras'.

I wouldn't even bother engaging these people in conversation, mate. You're not going to get any kind of sense of out them.

Yet not one of the hundreds of Dumbarton fans had the common sense to video the many atrocities committed by the Rangers fans.

The Police and stewards obviously turned a blind eye towards it.

The many media types and journos have also failed to mention it.

I wouldn't even bother engaging these people in conversation, mate. You're not going to get any kind of sense of out them.

These people?

Yet not one of the hundreds of Dumbarton fans had the common sense to video the many atrocities committed by the Rangers fans.

To be honest I didn't expect to hit by a coin as it had never happened to me before at a game so having my phone videoing every minute just incase had never really came into my mind.

To be honest I didn't expect to hit by a coin as it had never happened to me before at a game so having my phone videoing every minute just incase had never really came into my mind.

You cant reason with these clowns. They have been conditioned through generations of inbreeding to accept it as normal behaviour. Unfortunately last week was your turn to learn how things have always been at that scum riddled dump. On my last visit about 12 years ago it was exactly the same. Wouldn't go near the shit hole now.

Let me ask you a question. Do you genuinely believe that the Dumbarton fans and a Rangers fan are completely making up that objects were thrown?

I am sick of celtic and Rangers fans on my facebook posting up sickening pictures from the troubles in the middle east trying to out do each other.

That alone is just incredible.

This most complex, historically rooted and distressing of conflicts gets reduced by lots of OF fans into picking a side on the spurious basis of which team you support and using associated imagery to taunt the others.

There really are so many horrible idiots who follow the OF. Sweet Pete's quite right in wondering why decent people are able to put up with being tainted by the association. I often wonder it myself. It would not be for me.

As we are now seeing....the paying customers are walking away in their thousands. The last thing the owners/board or whoever are pulling the strings would be interested in doing now is banning the many who bring even further disgrace. The owner of my local who follows them everywhere told me today he's had enough and believes they are greatly exaggerating attendances. Armageddon!!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, the Dumbarton fans were more intent on watching what was happening on the pitch, than videoing primitive lifeforms?

You cant reason with these clowns. They have been conditioned through generations of inbreeding to accept it as normal behaviour. Unfortunately last week was your turn to learn how things have always been at that scum riddled dump. On my last visit about 12 years ago it was exactly the same. Wouldn't go near the shit hole now.

Your team play their home matches in the most deprived area in Scotland ya looney tune. :1eye

That alone is just incredible. This most complex, historically rooted and distressing of conflicts gets reduced by lots of OF fans into picking a side on the spurious basis of which team you support and using associated imagery to taunt the others. There really are so many horrible idiots who follow the OF. Sweet Pete's quite right in wondering why decent people are able to put up with being tainted by the association. I often wonder it myself. It would not be for me.

And that would be why you are a QoS supporter. Why do you lot leave out the 'T'?

Archived