CENTRAL PARK WHITBURN

daleboy1969

How does a Junior team with limited finance and no major businesses in the town raise sufficient money to rebuild changing rooms which need to be demolished. If you have suggestions how we can get this kind of money then we would welcome them. The committee and supporters all work hard to meet the ongoing costs but this came out of the blue and we are talking of a five figure shortfall.

Some other clubs in West Lothian appear to have no problem getting Council help namely, Bathgate, Broxburn, West Calder, Blackburn and Fauldhouse. It appears that the local Councillors are not in a hurry to help the cause but were all there when we were in the finals of Scottish Junior Cup finals.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does a Junior team with limited finance and no major businesses in the town raise sufficient money to rebuild changing rooms which need to be demolished. If you have suggestions how we can get this kind of money then we would welcome them. The committee and supporters all work hard to meet the ongoing costs but this came out of the blue and we are talking of a five figure shortfall.

Some other clubs in West Lothian appear to have no problem getting Council help namely, Bathgate, Broxburn, West Calder, Blackburn and Fauldhouse. It appears that the local Councillors are not in a hurry to help the cause but were all there when we were in the finals of Scottish Junior Cup finals.

you should have held some money back when you were paying all those big wages. ...but hey ho

well said and correct on the local councillors bit ..like the dale you are sold down the river too often by local politicians ..their should be a coming togetjer in the comunity in times like this led by the councillors ..hope it gets sorted soon ..

Yes but how many Social Clubs are bringing in huge amounts. Just read that an ex serviceman's club in Mid Lothian has folded. There are not many clubs prospering at the moment. Daleboy1969 there is a need for Council's to look at the bigger picture instead of piece meal grants. Whitburn Town Centre like other towns and villages in the area are bleeding thanks to the funds going into Livingston. You just have to look at the empty premises along our main streets.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in Blackburn's case it's down to 6/7 years worth of hard graft to get to where the club is now, with little assistance from our local elected Councillors.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in Blackburn's case it's down to 6/7 years worth of hard graft to get to where the club is now, with little assistance from our local elected Councillors.

ditto from Fauldhouse United.....no help from council

Did Fauldhouse not receive £50,000 from the Council for their changing facilities? And Blackburn got a new pitch with modern dressing rooms so how did they not bet help from the Councillors?

I'm talking of the actual active involvement of the 5 Cooncillors covering Blackburn, 1 was great, the other 4 were not interested.

Did Fauldhouse not receive £50,000 from the Council for their changing facilities? And Blackburn got a new pitch with modern dressing rooms so how did they not bet help from the Councillors?

lottery funding doesn't come from the council

But where did the actual finance for your new facilities come from?

West Lothian Council and Sports Scotland.

It took around 6-7 years of hard work to get the Council to agree to the clubs idea of what was required, and as I said, little practical help was forthcoming from the local Cooncillors apart from one.

A 3g pitch is on the cards now as well, but none of this falls into your lap, the total opposite in fact.

It took around 6-7 years of hard work to get the Council to agree to the clubs idea of what was required, and as I said, little practical help was forthcoming from the local Cooncillors apart from one.

A 3g pitch is on the cards now as well, but none of this falls into your lap, the total opposite in fact.

Just 6-7 years. Whitburn started the ball rolling on their redevelopment program in 2001 I think. But I suppose owning their own park has something do to with not being able to raise the funds necessary.

In West Lothian, which grounds are council owned.? I imagine there are some and if so , why are Whitburn not being helped and allowed to play on one of the council owned grounds. They can't be happy at having to use a school pitch and most other clubs don't agree with it, but are having to play on it, but surely everyone would rather play on grass, so what is the stumbling block here. If they are paying £100 for the school pitch, surely it would be better paying towards a grass pitch and you would think that with maybe less than 15 games on a pitch, other smaller clubs would take the opportunity to get some cash in the door. Or am I wide of the mark here.?

New Murrayfield Park (or the Dem-Master Community Stadium as we must now call it) is Council owned and leased to Blackburn United Community Football Club, all the clubs teams use the facilities and where possible, use the main pitch when conditions allow for it.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, this will be a 3G pitch this time next year so a lot more games will be able to be played on it as the grass surface is sadly pretty poor. Livingston reserves used it at the start of last season but the club had to stop their games eventually as the pitch couldn't take it.

I doubt the Council can force us to allow another club to play on it.

Archived