Oil cup 1/8 finals

parsforlife

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same weekend as Scotland are away to Germany so will miss it whoever we play.

Who do the SPFL think attends international games when they come up with the fixtures? Daft seeing as they knew the international fixtures before they came out with their own.

It's been their policy for years and years, to play the later rounds of the Challenge Cup on these international weekends. They aren't going to let a 2 or 3 of the autumn Saturdays go unused, and it's presumably considered more desirable to have the least-popular cup clash than league games.

meh

I expect this reinforces Taza`s claim that every cup draw is fixed to ensure Rangers get a home tie :rolleyes:

Tbf... since going bust Rangers have been drawn at home in 14 ties and away in 11 (plus: in the Scottish & League cups that's home in 10 and away in just 5). And permitted to play a Semi-Final at home.

Against full-time clubs, it's been 9 home and 4 away (plus: of those 4 away 2 have been Falkirk who as we know always rollover lose to you :P...).

It's not fixed, but it has been fairly fortuitous, or at least should have been.

Tedi... I've included the League Cup R2 which has been drawn (home to Inverness), albeit as an either/or in your case, although you will surely dispose of QP. That makes it 14/11 in terms of H/A and 10/5 in terms of the cups open to all 4 tiers. Not counting the home game in last season's SC SF as 'home'.

FT-wise, I imagine you've omitted QotS and/or Dunfermline, and from my scribble I did include Dundee Utd. Without would be 8/4.

It was not any deep strategic observation - just an interesting point that the draws had been kind. Albeit only 1 Final loss and 1 Semi resulted.

Archived