killie v ayr.

ynttk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mention cups to A&r ......they'll bang on about the Kilmarnock cup which rightly resides at home

What's this Kilmarnock cup then ? Did you get it free in your sugar puffs

Trophies?

Is that what you think this is all about?

This is about deep routed passion.

This is about tribalism.

This is about a show of who loves their club most.

This is about 90 minutes to let you all know that, no matter how crap our team may be, it is our team, and we would rather support them than supporting YOU.

No matter how big the shadow may be, for 90 minutes, we can show you how much Ayr United means to us, our fathers, and our fathers fathers.

If you don't feel the same on the opposite side then you just don't get and probably never will.

Don't mention cups to A&r ......they'll bang on about the Kilmarnock cup which rightly resides at home

The Kilmarnock Charity Cup? Given the fact it hasn't been contested since 1939, and doesn't look nearly as nice as the Ayr Charity Cup (last contested in 1952), I, and I'm pretty sure most other Ayr fans, couldn't give a damn about it.

Trophies?

Is that what you think this is all about?

This is about deep routed passion.

This is about tribalism.

This is about a show of who loves their club most.

This is about 90 minutes to let you all know that, no matter how crap our team may be, it is our team, and we would rather support them than supporting YOU.

No matter how big the shadow may be, for 90 minutes, we can show you how much Ayr United means to us, our fathers, and our fathers fathers.

If you don't feel the same on the opposite side then you just don't get and probably never will.

That's the difference between our clubs. For Killie, this game is a stepping stone on the way to potential cup success. For Ayr, this is your cup final.

The Kilmarnock Charity Cup? Given the fact it hasn't been contested since 1939, and doesn't look nearly as nice as the Ayr Charity Cup (last contested in 1952), I, and I'm pretty sure most other Ayr fans, couldn't give a damn about it.

Silly me my spelling is shocking

I got my A&rs and my Kilmarnocks confused

Easy really when we've won it so many more times than the opposition

That's why it resides where it belongs

That's your trouble Jan you have to troll the parchments to find a wee minor cup that you've won way back in the mists of time ....sad really but not totally surprising to your relatively silver laden cousins

Archived