Craigroyston Fc

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craigie is a funny one. Never been contenders at top of eos in last twenty years. Yoyo between divisions for a while and now won't as not good enough to go up and not bad enough to go down, yet the committee seem to have an opinion that they should be competing at the top of the league. Based on what? Having a lovely pitch?

Nothing involved on the football side there, players or coaching, has been good enough to make progress there for at least a decade. They could really struggle for a while now.

It's difficult for a club like ourselves. We don't have the finances to give money to players. Ross and Jamie both did good jobs in recent years for us IMO but its always going to be difficult to sustained success

You're right- so what would be success? And as such, the key for me would be on appointing someone likely to attract players and keep them there- potentially a good u 21s group.

Yes I agree they were very poor and never looked liked scoring, only the second time I have seen them and not a patch on the team that won the first division and gained them promotion. Also heard on saturday that they are now unable to attract a decent manager as the committee are always questioning their decisions, Hence the reasons for Burrell and McNeil resigning.

Surely the committee can ask questions of the manager if it benefits the club.

Jamie could the club as far as he could, and was unlucky in that he was manager when Gretna and Stirling Uni joined the league, and he at least resigned in person unlike Ross who like everything he did sent a text and later tried to say he hadn't been offered the CSS job.

Things not great at the moment but old manager never went to watch games or contacted players he was told about. Don't think he brought in any of the new players himself and has left Gary and co with a lot of work to do.

• 1 month later...

craigroyston have got their appt wrong yet again.. Nothing against gary but he's not a manager in a month of sundays.. He doesn't seem tactically aware on what going on and his instructions are embarrassing. Not sure what craigroyston want but they wont get anywhere soon with gary and his gang involved. Not his fault but he wont get players to that club and they need players asap..

Yet another big defeat yesterday and it doesnt look like its getting any better at craigie!! Im hate to say it again but gary isnt the man for the job, he doesnt bring anything to the table. I think its gonna be a long season for him if he lasts till the end..

Archived