Stirling Uni

Cicero

I know the majority of the Stirling Uni students don't come back from their holidays until the middle of next month. Is that the same for those on the football scholarship? What else can explain the poor start to this season or is Eddie May a bigger loss than they thought he would be?

In my opinion I dont think it has anything to do with Eddie May or Mark Spaulding leaving, you have to remember they have lost crucial players to their success over the course of the end of last season and the start of this season. I would imagine Pre-season preparation would also be effected with no management stability and restructuring of the club.

I saw Stirling in action v Selkirk, there is still a couple of players absent who are usually in the first XI, not sure of the reason. Then a couple of the older non-students were not around one through suspension.Yesterday had a couple of players out of their usual position along with a number of newcomers are just needing time to gel as a team, pre-season preparation probably not as long as for some other teams and thats shows at the moment. No game for a week now so will maybe get in extra training/coaching to get them playing more as a team, sure they won't be low in the table very long. One weakness that might be there is upfront having lost Paul Sludden to Stenhousemuir really need another good striker to play alongside Geddes.

I know the majority of the Stirling Uni students don't come back from their holidays until the middle of next month. Is that the same for those on the football scholarship? What else can explain the poor start to this season or is Eddie May a bigger loss than they thought he would be?

uni of Stirling have played there first few games this season with there second team as first team in holland, but they are back now so you will be playing a whole different uni Stirling from now on!

Whatever the reason it's certainly been a torrid few weeks for Stirling, but their LL team finally registered a win yesterday at Preston in the EOS Qualifying Cup, off the back of 3 league defeats to Spartans, EK and Selkirk... Things haven't been much better for Stirling Uni EOS, who crashed-out of the EOSQL after being thumped at home off Coldstream and only drawing away to Kelso, then made a poor start to the league yesterday losing 5-0 at Spartans EOS.

Today's Sun apparently sticks its neck out that Shelley Kerr will be confirmed as the new Stirling manager - the first female manager in Scottish, perhaps UK, senior football.

EDIT: Infact apparently it's just been confirmed. Imagine there will be a lot of media interest in this. Bold move by Stirling, but credit to them for taking the plunge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28856370?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting move. Intrigued to see how she gets on.

Aye very,

Team talks etc be very interesting ?

The lads will be getting showered etc after games ?

Could be another licensing issue female changing rooms ? :o

seriously Good luck to the lass though.

She won the FA cup as manager of Arsenal Ladies and seems to have a wealth of experience behind her.

BBC

Brave move and remains to be seen if she can adjust from the women's game. Stirling Uni have to be congratulated on making a groundbreaking appointment.

Also like the best of us, she is from Broxburn. :)

She won the FA cup as manager of Arsenal Ladies and seems to have a wealth of experience behind her.

BBC

Brave move and remains to be seen if she can adjust from the women's game. Stirling Uni have to be congratulated on making a groundbreaking appointment.

Also like all the best of us, she is from Broxburn. :)

As exclusively revealed by voice of (t)reason on the lowland thread a few weeks ago ;)

having badges does not make one a good manager

am not saying shelley kerr is a bad manager as her records speak for itself in the her winnings

but a few guys in the lowland and east of Scotland have b license , a license etc , they are robotic coaches who basically coach what the sfa put to them rather than being flexible and their man management skills are always in question

good luck to stirling, bold move but I have a feeling it will bear fruition

Big Shelley's no daft certainly- it's an interesting appointment.

If it comes off will Grim be claiming some glory as Shelley spend some time down Ainsiie Park way?!

Of course, Shell's is still one of us at heart. Once a Spartan always a Spartan.

Great appointment for Stirling & a great opportunity for Shelley (the Spartan).

Grimbo

Archived