We're top of the league and your no.....14/15 season

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we match their result next week, then we're pretty much guaranteed to still be top after the trip to Ibrox, unless theres a big goal difference swing

Er, there are other teams in the division. Every chance the winners of the Edinburgh derby tomorrow would be top, or Raith.

Er, there are other teams in the division. Every chance the winners of the Edinburgh derby tomorrow would be top, or Raith.

If we match a rangers win next week Hearts or hibs would have to go some over the next two games to catch us pre Rangers match. We have +6 gd and if we win next week minimum is +7 gd and 9/9 points meaning hearts or hibs would probs need to win the derby by two or three goals and then their next game by same margin. We should be top going to Ibrox. Am I getting ahead of myself ?

If we match a rangers win next week Hearts or hibs would have to go some over the next two games to catch us pre Rangers match. We have +6 gd and if we win next week minimum is +7 gd and 9/9 points meaning hearts or hibs would probs need to win the derby by two or three goals and then their next game by same margin. We should be top going to Ibrox. Am I getting ahead of myself ?

No. If we win next week, we should still be top going to Ibrox. However, if we lose that game, theres a good chance one of Raith, Hearts or Hibs would move ahead of us after the Rangers game

Whilst all of that is true other than possibly the presumption Rangers will beat Dumbarton, it doesnt have much relevance to my quote which was in response to Mr X claiming we would likely still be top AFTER Ibrox even if we lost there.

It's been a while. When did we last have residence here? I think it was probably in Chisholm's last season where I'm sure we spent some time at the top of the league pre-Xmas before Dundee took over and ICT eventually came through to win it. Certainly more than four years anyway.

Archived